ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ɢᴇᴛs ᴅᴀʀᴋ

༺☙༻'You're on your own, kidYeah, you can face thisYou're on your own, kidYou always have been'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵒʷⁿ, ᵏⁱᵈ

༺☙༻
'You're on your own, kid
Yeah, you can face this
You're on your own, kid
You always have been'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵒʷⁿ, ᵏ

༺☙༻'You're on your own, kidYeah, you can face thisYou're on your own, kidYou always have been'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵒʷⁿ, ᵏⁱᵈ

RIVER WAS absolutely freezing. Her body temperature was only dropping by the minute and the water becoming more frigid as time passed.

     She put her legs back under, looking at the Careers camp to see the fire burnt out and all of them resting on the sand.

      Before she could do anything, a small chiming noise echoed in the chilly night air. She looked up, noticing a small parachute with a capsule at the end of it.

    Finnick did it. He managed to get her sponsors. She silently thanked him as the capsule landed with a splash next to her.

    Her eyes snapped back to the tributes on land, seeing if they had heard. To her surprise, they hadn't.

     River grabbed the plastic, opening it to see a small bottle of ointment and a wrap for her wounds. On top was a note.

'-Remember who the real
enemy is'
-F

A grateful smile took over her face but then she realized she couldn't do it in the water.

     She thought for a moment before closing the container again, wrapping the parachute around it and placing it in her backpack. She was trying to keep the bandage as dry as she could and prayed it'd work.

     Very cautiously, she took a subtle breath, quietly moving underwater. She opened her eyes, the icy waters stinging them slightly.

   But it was all just black. She rose to the surface once more, looking around to see where she could go.

   She spotted a large rock with a few grooves she assumed she could grab and headed under again, this time having an idea of where she was going.