The shrine visit

Y/n pov
I was on the subway to get to my final stop when I heard a child crying loudly about not getting a snack. I had my bag and I grabbed a small bag of cookies and that I bought earlier. I got up and walked over to the distressed mother and child. The mother seen me coming with a soft smile. I crouched down in front of the little girl and said "here you go young lady." I grabbed out a small bag of freshly baked cookies and her mother mouthed thank you so much young man. I said "you can have these if you promise to behave for your mommy deal?" She eagerly nodded and snatched the cookies. I looked at the mother and said "I know how it feels to want something and not being able to have the funds to get it." The girl hugged me and said "Thank you mister. Today was my birthday and I didn't get anything until now. I promise to behave for mommy." I smiled and said "happy birthday." The subway stopped and I got out and waved at the little girl and she happily waved back. I walked out of the subway station and i seen a map and I followed it and seen the stairs to the shrine.

I started to walk up the stairs and when I got to the top I roughly made out the name Benzaiten. Benzaiten is the goddess of wisdom. Hopefully she can give me some insight on how to deal with trauma. I walked up to the offering box and tossed a couple coins and pulled the rope and started to pray. I started softly praying just loud enough for myself to hear. "Benzaiten I pray for some advice to help cope with the traumatic past that I was forced to live through. I'm honestly lost on what to do because it feels like everything I do only inflicts harm to those around me."

??? Pov
I sense a lost and hurt presence at my shrine. I walked to the front of the shrine dedicated to me and seen a young man not over the age of 17. He doesn't seem to be from this country by how he looks. I got close and heard his prayer. It's sad to have someone as young as him dealing with so much pain. After he finished I seen him stand up but suddenly he collapsed breathing heavily. I seen his one E/c eye full of sorrow and pain. That eye was more than enough to show me everything about his past.  I walked over to him and asked "Are you ok young man?" He sat up and said "Yes I am." His mind says one thing but his body is saying the exact opposite. I asked "May I have your name?" He said "My name is Y/n L/n" I smiled and said "That's a wonderful name. May I know what you asked Benzaiten for?" He said "I don't think it's appropriate to say what I asked Benzaiten for. I'm sorry ma'am." He's very respectful and have decent knowledge on us. I said "Y/n I'm a Shrine Maiden it's my job to help answer the prayers for since I'm a messenger of Benzaiten. Little does he know I am her.

Y/n pov
My mind is telling me to talk to her but my gut tells me it's disrespectful. I don't want to feel the wrath of a goddess unleashed upon me...but if she's connected to her...Argh what do I do. What do I do?? I rubbed my face clearly conflicted.

(This is Benzaiten)

Benzaiten povI watched y/n become increasingly distressed

Benzaiten pov
I watched y/n become increasingly distressed. He's wanting to tell me but he's afraid of disrespecting me. I'll let him know who I am but he'll have to swear secrecy. I put my hand on his back and rubbed it in circles. I kept hearing him mumble "what should I do?" I softly said "Y/n can you please follow me?" He nodded and he went to stand but he fell. I caught him and I put his arm around my shoulder and helped him towards the shrine.