Chapter 7: Friends?

Kokichi pov:

I smirked while shuichi got a lot of compliments from the teacher. I'm happy that he is so happy, but I didn't expect him to hug me. It felt so warm and comfy..why did I even say that i can't breathe? It wasn't true, well I'm a liar Sooo yeah!
I wish I could hug him again..and
No! What the hell? Why did I think that? I don't want to hug him or something! No! Na! Non! And I also don't want him to pat my hair or anything like that!

Shuichi:..thanks again kichi.

„Kichi?" Huh? Why did he call me that?

Kokichi: Kichi?..

I could see him getting a little red of embarrassment and he then looked away and wanted to make sure I don't get the wrong idea.

Shuichi:..Well you always call me Shumai. And since were friends..I thought that I could give you a nickname too...

F...Friends? I didn't imagine it..he said that were friends...he thinks that were friends..he..
I..never thaught this would happen..I..feel..happy? Wait No. Why am I thinking this again? I'm not even sure if I can trust him! How can I even stutter in my thoughts?! Gosh that's...so dumb.

Kokichi:..o-oh! That makes a lot sense and I guess it's only fair Shumai! <3

Shuichi:...yeah...I never said were friends huh? Don't get me wrong. You're..ehm really annoying, but Atleast you're kind to me.

Kokichi:..how..nice?

I shook my head and made my thoughts clear and then smirked at him again.

Kokichi: so I guess...I kinda stole you're heart, huh?~

I noticed shuichi blushing. I mean..I once said that..so it brings back memories. He should know that I'm just joking tho. I laughed a bit and smirked even more. How can he get flustered so easily?

Kokichi: Oh don't get too flustered you just look too cute when you do!

Wait...no I mean nothing is wrong with saying that...gosh! Since when are my thoughts so...complicated. I have a high IQ so I should be able to think properly

Shuichi:..huh?? Please stop joking like this! You know that it annoys me!!

Kokichi:..but you also like it!~

Shuichi:...maybe...buuuut no.

He then laughed a bit too. I wish we could always talk like this it feels natural. Suddenly Kirumi came in and handed me a cup of tea over.

Kirumi: I told you that you're tea is finished! But it's great that you two get along. Well ehm..actually..Kaito is looking for you shuichi.

I smiled at Kirumi. She is just like a mother. I mean..She doesn't really go to this school anymore but she works kinda here, but she also goes in my class and takes care of everyone..and she is definitely too kind..kinda reminds me of my mom when I was..younger.

As she said „Kaito" my smile faded. Why does he always needs to ruin it? Sometimes he acts like he owns Shuichi or something..but well he is overprotective after all..and maybe a bit obsessive. I can't stand this guy

Kokichi: thanks „Mom"

Kirumi:..no problem. And..please stop calling me mom.

She then headed back to her room. Shuichi looked at me friendly and then apologized for Kaito once again. I noticed a bit of a sadness in his eyes which made me feel a bit..bad?

Shuichi:..I better go to him..you'll never know.

Kokichi:..yeah go to him. But don't forget me!~

Shuichi:...I..won't??

I laughed and we parted our ways. I didn't even notice it, but I was smiling to myself the whole time. I don't know what this happiness is or where it comes from, but I like that feeling. I went into my room, leaned against my door a bit and then smiled even more. I was still very tired, but I also had a lot of energy now. I looked at the Bord again and stared at it for quite a while. Then I shook my head and went to bed. I fell asleep quickly.

Shuichi pov:

Kokichi looked so happy. That's something new to see. I couldn't really stop thinking about him so I just went faster to Kaito. He smiled and puts an arm around me.

Kaito: Where were you?! Are you a ghost or something??

I chuckled.

Shuichi:..I just talked to kokichi. He did my work for me..it was..just very kind of him..and ehm

Kaito:..ehm..he did what? He solved you're cases?! Are you joking?

I smiled more.

Shuichi: nope I'm not.

Kaito: okay..now he is definitely planning something evil! You need to be more careful around him!! You know that he is a manipulative liar! Everybody says and knows it! So please bla bla bla

After he began to talk like that I ignored his talk and just nodded. I know his reputation isn't the best. But I just feel like there is something different about him..I don't believe that he is a bad person. I feel like he has a secret but maybe only I have that feeling because I'm..well a detective. Kaito noticed how I was not listening anymore and was shocked.

Kaito:..don't...don't tell me you like that idiot!!

Huh? Like? I mean..wait..why is he so dumb? I of course like him..he is my friend after all.

Shuichi:...well I do like him. He is my friend.

Kaito:..you..no..there...it can't be...it's a trap!

Shuichi: even if it is..it's my choice that I trust him, you can't do anything about it...so please trust me for once in your life!

Kaito went quiet. I know that he is angry..but it's the truth..I saw how his face went dark.

Kaito:..did he do something to you?! Like manipulating?? I know he has! Shuichi!

Shuichi:..Kaito he is my friend! Now SHUT UP..

Now I was the one getting angry. I'm just so tired of his overprotective things! The problem is that he has my goddamn key for my dorm too! So he won't let me get away with that. I sighed and looked him in the eyes. Kokichi is much more than a liar. I know it...

Kaito:..fine then. I warned you. But we will still go to the prom with everyone else..right?

..
Shuichi:..yeah.

He nodded and then went to makis room. He just left me there. He is clearly pissed but so am I. Why does he need to be always so..Agh!

Suddenly someone stood behind me. I looked back and saw..

Sooo! This was it! Thanks for you're patience my Unis! I'm so happy to write this story! Just show me that there are still some people who ship Saiouma out there! Thanks for the reads! I would love it to be 100 some day!

Bye and we'll read each other!<3