Chapter 13: feelings

Shuichi pov:

I watched Kokichi as he ran out of my room while his face was completely red. I was a bit confused. Since when can he get flustered? I never saw him like that before, so I was really confused. He was always the dominant brave liar, but who would have known that he can get flustered because of a hug? Or was it because I called him cute? I don't know, maybe he isn't used to things like that. Yeah that must be it. I blushed a bit for myself. He did look really cute and also adorable. I sighed and thought about going to kokichi to apologize, but he did told me that he liked the hug. Gosh since when is it so hard to decide? I shook my head and sat down on my bed. Hm..to think about it Kokichi did behave differently around me recently, but that was my goal. Maybe..it's is real self? But no..he only behaved differently for a short time then he went straight back to his usual self. I sighed more. One of the times was the prom. It felt like he was more understanding there..also his smile while we danced was different then his usual smile. What I also noticed was that kokichis eyes shined. Sadly his eyes usually dont have light in them, so...that was..really different yeah. He looked so happy there, a different happy then he usually is. Maybe I'm just overthinking again.

I sighed again before lying down on my bed. I wish I could know what goes onto in his mind now. I'm gonna find out more about him..even if the others won't accept it. I never met someone so intresting before. His emotions aren't that readable, so I never really know how he feels. What if he feels sad even tho he is smiling? But it's so hard to imagine. He always smiles, he always makes other people smile even tho they don't like him and he also lies for fun...so it's hard to think that he thinks about sad things. But who knows..some people have a big mask on their face and not even their closest friends can see that they are sad. It can be a small problem that already breaks them because some people are not used to have problems and some people just had enough problems in their life so they smile to hide the pain..because they don't want others to feel the same way they did. Is kokichi also one of them?
Wait..I'm still overthinking! Ughh!
I should just sleep, shouldn't I?

I tried to fall asleep and after a time it worked. Its not like anything happened in my sleep but I did dream about something. I just don't know about what anymore.
The next day I woke up. Right...today is Sunday, that means we need to drive back to the school. I sighed a bit. I don't know how I should feel about it. I'm of course not happy to have school again, but also seeing Kaito makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I sighed before going to the guest room only to see that kokichi isn't there. So he is already awake? I went down to see kokichi talking with my sister. I was confused. She was here again? I walked to them and kokichi smiled quite nervously at me?

Shuichi: Morning!

Kokichi: heh! morning Shumai!

Masumi: morning brother! I just talked with your friend!

Shuichi: oh..ehm yeah that's..great?

Masumi: gosh. Anyway moms already waiting in the car, you both should go now.

Shuichi: thanks Masumi and goodbye. Let's go kokichi..

I took his hand and dragged him with me before kokichi could answer. I saw how startled kokichi looked, so I stopped?

Shuichi: are you fine?

I asked with an unusual tone in my voice. I can't really describe what tone it was. It was just different.

Kokichi: h-huh? Yes I'm fine. I just wanted to say Atleast goodbye to her, ya know?

Shuichi: oh right! Sorry I forgot!

Kokichi: it's fine Shumai!~

He smirked with a small blush on his face and leaned close to me teasingly before laughing and walking to the car with his hands on the back of his head. I looked after him a bit startled now. I know that I have a blush on my face, but I ignored it and also went to the car. We both got in and my mom sighed relieved.

Kami: finally! Great, so I hope you didn't forget anything you two.

Shuichi: we have everything.

Kokichi: yup.

My mom then started to drive. I looked at kokichi who was staring out of the window.

Shuichi: what are you gonna do when we're at school?

Kokichi: hm?

He turned his face to look at me and smiled softly.

Kokichi: I don't know, probably gonna relax or something.

I smiled back and nodded.

Shuichi: makes sense.

I then looked out of the window and so did kokichi. Actually I looked at kokichi, since I could see his reflection. I noticed every facial expression he made. I smiled to myself. Kokichi isn't bad the others just won't give him a chance. I mean..he is still annoying..like really annoying. But it's the good annoying, like...his teasing makes him..cute? I can't describe what this is. I just like looking at him a lot. Like he is just..beautiful..and adorable..and-

..Oh...
I blushed. What am I even thinking?! My face must be really red, because kokichi looked at me.

Kokichi: your face is red shu!~ Come on!! Tell me what your thinking about!

Shuichi: Wh-What? No I was actually not thinking about anything, just about opening the window, since it's hot in here.

Great. I just lied. Like completely. This feels wrong. Kokichis face looked a bit disappointed and just looked out of the window again. I mean was he expecting some tea or something? I can't just say ehem: well I was thinking about how cute and beautiful you are like how would that sound? I don't think he would like that. Atleast he seems to dislike it when I call him cute. I don't know why tho. But really..he just got the cute face. His eyes and everything! Sometimes I think that he is blessed. Is it even normal to be so beautiful? Or maybe something is wrong with me. I never saw him as completely beautiful before, but here I am now thinking about him like that. Maybe my head got hurt because I was spending too much time with him. Yeah..that must be it.
Okay ugh..think about something else like..why does our car only have 2 seats behind? Like..I'm sitting right next to kokichi but we still..have both windows..weird.
Yeah..
My thoughts suddenly got interrupted as I felt something heavy ( not that heavy but still heavy) on my shoulder. I looked to the side to see kokichis head resting on my shoulder. I blushed a lot, really a lot. He was sleeping. Didn't he get enough sleep or something? I decided to let him rest, I mean he looks so cute and peaceful so...

For the rest of the drive I only looked at kokichis sleeping face and thought about some things. Like my feelings. Then after a time we arrived. My mom parked and smiled at us both. She then just took a picture and said I shouldn't be embarrassed since he is my friend. And she said that word friend so sarcastically that it made me more embarrassed even tho I don't even know anymore how I feel about him. I looked out of the window and saw Kaito standing in front of the school. My mind started to fill up with bitter thoughts..

That's was chapter 13 and I can't believe it! We have the 180 reads! I'm so thankful!!
I was actually sick for some days so that's why this chapter came out today! Well it's how it is but I hope you liked it.

Well read each other!<3