Memory Loss Sucks...

**TW Violence and somewhat steamy scenes. THIS IS WHY HE DOES NOT REMEMBER HER. It all makes sense.**

Flashback:

I never went to parties. I preferred to read a book and have coffee in my nice, warm bed. Jasmine had insisted we have one last hurrah before school started, and we were officially seniors.

The club was 18+, and I had giant black X's on my hands, so I didn't drink any alcohol. It was embarrassing, but I wasn't a big drinker anyway. Jasmine wasn't eighteen yet but snuck in with a fake ID like the degenerate she was and had already drunk at least three drinks guys had bought for her.

The music was loud and booming, giving me a headache, and the lights were flashing nonstop everywhere. Jasmine danced and laughed with some handsome college boys, but I stood aside, bored and shy. I wore a tight and low-cut shirt Jasmine had insisted on and a skirt that barely covered anything. She did my makeup in her own style with braids and beads and even did my makeup like a party girl, one thing I wasn't. I couldn't even recognize my own reflection by the time she was done with me.

The guys kept looking at me, and a few tried to hit on me, but I had no interest. They were boring, average, and just uninteresting.

I sighed after about an hour of boredom and went to find the bathroom, looking down hallway after hallway.

"Hey, darling. Why don't you come over here, pretty thing?" A creepy guy said with a smirk, sneaking up behind me and pinning me to a wall. His breath stank of alcohol, and his eyes were bloodshot.

"Let me go," I yelled, my voice drowned out by the music. He laughed and started touching me, forcing himself on me despite my disgust.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you to not play with other people's toys?" A snarky voice said, and my attacker was yanked off him. My savior punched the drunk man in the face with calculated punches.

"Sorry. I'll go, man. Fucking crazy." The gross man said, spitting blood out of his mouth before stumbling away.

"Thanks for that," I said with a smile, taking in my savior, who was everything most of the men were not. He wore a pristine white shirt that was rolled up to expose his tattoos. His hair was black and messy from the fight but had been slicked back before that. He had on an expensive watch, and he was a delightful combination of nerdy and absolutely handsome with his glasses.

I wasn't in love, but rather lust at first sight. He smiled at me and shrugged nonchalantly. He picked up a drink he had set down to punch my attacker and drank it casually, watching me.

"He deserved that. I'm personally partial to castration for him." He said with a small laugh, not stopping me when I walked up to him, running a hand down his shirt. It was silk.

"Black X's. Might wanna keep your hands to yourself." He teased, grabbing one of my hands to show me.

"I'm over eighteen. Age is just a number." I said, feeling entirely too bold. He chuckled darkly and finished his drink, setting the glass down before shoving me against the wall.

"You want to play with fire, eh?" He asked, raising an eyebrow with a smirk. I did. I most certainly did.

But I had never even been kissed before, let alone by someone who clearly had a way with women.

"Exactly. Be careful, darling." He said, backing up to give me space.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I think I was just grateful for you helping me." I said, sure I had temporarily lost my insanity. He eyed me casually, looking me up and down with admiration.

I had never been looked at like that before, but usually I was in sweatpants, so it wasn't entirely surprising.

He seemed to like what he saw, and he came back to me slowly this time, his eyes warm and adoring, his hand trailing up my arm slowly.

"You should go back to the club." He said over the loud music, giving me a way out. I shook my head, curious and wanting to know what happens next.

He edged even closer, and I could feel his arousal, and he hummed, cupping my hand on his cheek.

"You haven't even told me your name." He said with a fake sad expression, his smile betraying himself in a split moment.

"Summer," I said quickly, not wanting to give a stranger my real name. He leaned in, his breath tickling my neck, and he kissed my skin, breathing it in.

"Summer. I like how that sounds." He said, trailing kissed up to my lips, grabbing me, and pulling me right before him and the wall.

He hesitated before kissing me on the lips, looking down at me gently and cautiously despite how drunk he was.

"Summer, should I let you go? Surely, fall is around the corner." He teased, winking at me but giving me a way out. He didn't say it, but I knew if I stayed, he was going to fuck me right there, and he wouldn't care who saw.

My heart pounded in my chest, and I shook my head before my mind could fully panic at my impulsiveness.

He smiled, kissing me on the lips gently, testing the water and seeming to savor me.

"Fuck, I think I'm in love with summer. Ironic since I've always been more of a winter guy." He said softly, yet I still heard him over the music before he kissed me, starting what I knew at that point I didn't want to stop, changing my life forever.

Flashback ended:

His concern rapidly evaporated, and he backed away, shaking his head as he went back to his desk.

"Go to the nurse. Eat some spinach, but don't come back to my class until you can do it without passing out. It's far too much paperwork." He said, dismissing me with a wave as if I was nothing to him. Which I was.

I left angrily, wanting to yell at him and tell him how dumb he was, but knowing he didn't care to hear me out. I actually took his advice and went to get some lunch from the cafeteria.

I had been neglecting my health for a while now, and I had to eat healthy unless I wanted my child to be a jerk like his father.

Usually, the school food made my mouth water with the delicious smells and aromas that drifted down the halls, but now it just made me sick.

I grabbed a veggie sandwich with spinach and feta and headed to find a seat. I didn't see Jasmine, and I had few other friends outside of her. My mother had told me people avoided me and were mean to me because they were jealous, but I doubted that.

I was so focused on finding someone to sit with that I didn't notice Trey stick his giant leg out and trip me, sending my food and me flying onto the floor.

"What was that for?" I asked, nearly yelling at him. He just grinned.

"You seem to really love the floor today, don't you?" He said with a laugh to the other football jocks, who joined in with their own laughter.

I was so done. So over this school, so over trying to be someone I wasn't. I would never fit in with these rich assholes. That much was for sure.

I grabbed my spilled food and tossed it, giving up and heading back to the dorms where I could eat in peace and not be bothered by idiots.