Lies we tell Ourselves

**SHOULD THERE BE A PART TWO?? Comment below what you think!**

Isabella POV:

I woke up slowly to the sound of soft talking. I expected to feel more pain, but even after all the injuries I had been put through by Johnson, I just felt tired. The blankets were soft, and I was tempted to fall back asleep, but I heard my name in the soft whispering, and I couldn't help but be curious.

"I just don't think she's ready for the paparazzi to be all over her every time she walks outside. The boarding school is secluded, and I brought amazing security, but she is still running off, hiding at the very idea that she may have to change her life slightly to be with me." Leo said softly, his hurt at me leaving apparent.

"Don't rush her. Just give her time. You grew up in this life and know nothing else. Imagine trying to be comfortable in a trailer. It wouldn't be easy for you." A deeper voice that I was sure was his father said confidently.

"We don't have time. There are paps right outside the hospital waiting, all competing to get the best picture of her." Leo said darkly. Leo was right. I wasn't ready for that. I didn't want to be the enter of attention. I wanted to be in the background, always.

Silence followed for a long stretch.

"Do you love her?" His father asked quietly.

"More than life itself," Leo answered without hesitation.

"Then be her support. See her struggle and be there with her. Don't say well, because YOU don't struggle that she shouldn't. If I could go back in time with your mother, that is one thing I would change. I didn't even care about her struggles, only mine. Don't be like me." His father said firmly.

I opened my eyes, feeling Leo grab my hand.

"Isabella! You're awake. How are you?" He asked excitedly and worriedly. If Stacy could only see him, then all worried about me, she would probably gag.

"Im fine." I said, feeling quite like I was still floating on clouds. I smiled happily streaching warm and fuzzy.

"Good. If you get uncomfortable let me know." Leo insisted, smiling down at me warmly.

"How is the baby?" I asked, my hand going to my stomach instantly, where I could feel my small bump still.

"Perfect." I relaxed and noticed a tray of food behind him. I was suddenly starving, seeing the chicken and broccoli dish.

"Sorry, you are only allowed soup right now. I'm sure youre starving." Leo said realizing why I was so distracted.

"I will go to the cafeteria and get her some." His father offered helpfully, leaving us alone.

Leo stared at me, and he opened his mouth just to shut it a few times before finally settling on his top question.

"What happened?" My mood dropped significantly, and I fought back the memories from the last few days.

"No," I said softly. He was confused.

"No, what?"

"I'm not talking about it," I said without hesitation. He wanted to argue with me, but he nodded curtly.

"You can't do that again. I know you have dreams and plans, but...I can try to make as many of your dreams come true as possible, just some things...it will have to be a no."

He was sad admitting this, that he couldn't give me everything. Money could buy a lot, but it clearly couldn't buy a normal life.

"Okay then." I agreed, but my voice was still a bit rough. He was genuinely surprised.

"Okay...so you will stay with me?" he asked hopefully. He was so cold sometimes, and yet, at moments like that, I got to see the real him, the human side of him.

"Of course. What would I do without  you?" I asked, taking his hand this time, knowing as long as I didn't let go of that, it would be just fine.