4. Books.

I woke up to the sound of birds chipering and a shower streaming. This place was really peaceful, but the people can be a handful. Except her.

I don't know. I find her the sun of the solar system, she brightens every planet. I find good in her. Unlike my parents.

I groaned and rolled to the other side of the bed so the noise can drift away. Let's just say I'm not a morning person, never will be.

Didn't work.

I fluttered my eyes open before shutting them again, and turning my head. "Why didn't you just change in the bathroom?!?" I muttered, clearly shocked.

"I thought you were still asleep!" She said. I can see by her voice that she was flustered. I would be too, out of embarrassment. Not anything else.

I rolled my closed eyes and just looked at pitch darkness until she finished. I think I also saw colorful flowers while closing them with my hands. Cool.

She took my hands away from my face, blinding me with the bright sun again. "I'm done. And next time, keep sleeping!" She exclaimed and poked my forehead before going to her bed and reading whatever the hell she reads.

I chuckled. A smile, for no reason, grew on my lips. "What book are you reading?" I asked before scratching my messy brown hair. It was ginger, but I dyed it to brown so I don't have any remains of my parents when I come here.

I got up from my bed and went to sit next to her to take a peek. She immediately hid it. "um...before I answer your question, do you usually read books? And if you do what type?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Nothing, really. If I have time I'll read crime or thriller. I'm not really into books right now, since I have studies."

She let out a "hm" with a nod of  approval. "Okay. To answer your question, I'm reading...Haunting Adeline." She mumbled.

"Can I see?" I asked and peeked through the book but she closed it again.

"No!" She raised her voice a little, which made me flinch, but it wasn't noticable. "I-i mean...it's romance, so you probably won't like it since most boys don't. And you never read a romance book." She muttered, mixing in words.

"Well maybe I will like it. So can I-" I got cut off.

"I have some beginner books if you want. But not this one." She said fast, I almost asked her what she said.

I thought about it for a second, before pointing at the book I previously saw. "What about icebreaker? Or is it not beginner as well?"

She immediately shook her head. "Definitely not beginner. Here, I'll pick a book for you." She said and stood up before taking out a book with an eye on it. It seemed.. cool. Yeah, I don't know what to describe things, so that word always come in handy.

"I suggest you to read this one before the other 5. Yes, it's a series. This one is the simplest one." She suggested and handed me the book.

I immediately grabbed it and smiled at her before getting up from her bed. "Thanks!"

She smiled back and- oh.my.god. Her dimples. I didn't even notice them until now. She also had smiles lines, along with dimples and her eyes squin- she's perfect.

She waved her hand towards my face "hello? Earth to Sam?" She said then snapped her fingers, which finally made me come back.

"Huh? What? Did you say anything?" I asked, my face visibly confused.

She smiled again. Hypnotizing me, again. "No, I didn't say anything. You were just frozen so snapped my fingers at you. Are you okay though?" She asked.

I nodded with a smile. "Yea, I'm fine. I'll just read the book since today is the weekend." I turned around then plopped onto my bed, realising that this is the first time I smiled so much. But again, she's just a friend, I just met her.

After a few hours of reading in silence, I realized I never asked for her name. I was too intrigued with the book and her smiles.

"Um can I know your name?" I asked, turning my head to look at her. She did it, too.

"Yeah. Elena." She answered with a welcoming- dimples -smile. I smiled back then went on with the book. Damn, it's good.

I kept on unfocusing from the book, because of her damn smile. It's like heaven.

I sighed and closed the book. Maybe refreshing my mind will help. I got up and went to the shower.

The water streamed on my back like a waterfall, sending tingles around my body.

I kept on thinking of her damn smile. I can't get it off my mind. The dimples. The smile lines. Just the smile is perfect.

I turned off the shower and sighed, hoping that later it will get off my mind, since it will ruin my grades and I can't focus.

<3

A/n: longest chapter so far!! Idk what to write that's why they are short but I'll try to think of additional things so it won't be that short! I also have no clue what the books are about, but I know certain pages so yea. x