Beginnings of Something Beautiful

Authors Note:
Apologies, but Arisu and Kiyotaka may be out of character from their usual selves. Please forgive me.

A month goes by. A month of hard work and training from Arisu, her motivation: To bring down the White Room's "Masterpiece". She studied chess and its many forms, including "Shogi", which is Japanese chess. She became a master at it.

After one more game with her father, both head back to the White Room. Luckily, due to her father's position, Arisu was granted permission to face off Ayanokouji. Oh, the perks of having an amazing father.
Arisu walks into the room Ayanokouji is in, and he already has a Shogi board set up. He had prior knowledge of her visit, thanks to his father. Arisu chuckled under her breath in anticipation as she sat on the chair in front of Ayanokouji, and greeted herself,
"Greetings. I am Sakayanagi Arisu, your opponent." She leaned her cane onto her chair, and stared into his gorgeous brown eyes.
"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji." He responded blankly. Damn, not even a "hello"?

The two begun their game having agreed on 5 matches. Arisu tried to make small talk every now and then, which Ayanokouji didn't like.
Time after time, Ayanokouji would checkmate Arisu, angering her at every loss.

"Ahh! At least show some sympathy for your opponent!" Arisu complained after her fifth loss. As Ayanokouji picked up their pieces, he only glanced to Sakayanagi.
He simply shrugged.
"That's not sympathy!" Arisu yelled with a tint of red on her cheeks. She hopped off the chair, and begun helping Ayanokouji with cleaning.
"Tell me about yourself, Ayanokouji." She demanded, looking down at the pieces in her hand.
"Nothing interesting of me." He coldly responded. Arisu groans, finding flaws within the White Room Masterpiece.
"For someone as cute as you, it's sad you show no emotion." Arisu purposefully called him cute, hoping a compliment would get a reaction out of the young boy. She looks over to him and... Nothing!?

Arisu sighed in defeat as she began to leave the room. By some unknown cause, she tripped and began falling, only to be caught by Ayanokouji.
Arisu was forcefully turned around to face Ayanokouji, his left arm around her back and his right hand holding her hand.
"Are you okay, Sakayanagi?" He asked, keeping his apathetic face. Arisu however, blushed intensely as she examined the features of his face, something she's done many times. Ayanokouji simply stared into her eyes, finding them quite beautiful. Huh, that's odd. He hasn't found anything beautiful in such a long time. How can you blame him? He was (practically) born and raised in the cold, sterile, White Room. Nothing about it is beautiful. But why did he find her eyes so captivating? Why were they so gorgeous?
Ayanokouji helps her up.
After being set back up on her feet, Sakayanagi comments,
"You have stunning features, Ayanokouji." She said with a blush. Being his usual self, Ayanokouji makes a sound of thanks and bows his head.
"Hey..." He began speaking, surprising Arisu slightly. She quickly turned her whole body to face him, and waited for his question.
"Do you consider us... friends?" He asked with his stoic face remaining unchanged.
Friends. A word he hasn't used in such a long time. It's not like he had any anyway, the White Room never allowed any.
"Oh? I had thought we already were." Arisu said sadly. Her smile became a frown.
"...Then, thank you for becoming my friend, Arisu." Ayanokouji said with a bow. This shocked Arisu greatly!
"A-anyt-time, Ki-Ki-yotaka..." She replied, her heart beating fast and her face red. God, how many times will she go red from this boy? She hurriedly makes her exit from the room, and walks to her Father, deep in thought about her new best friend, her only equal, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.
"Ah! There you are!" Her father said as he approached her.
"How was it?" He asked with a hearty smile.
Arisu began speaking,
"Father..." She gulped and looked up to him with a red face and a huge smile. The words that came out of her mouth next shocked her Father to her core...

"I want to marry Ayanokouji Kiyotaka!"