Second Day

Yo, author here. I've been thinking about another COTE story, inspired by another one. I was thinking it would be Ayanokoji who either dropped out of ANHS or got expelled, and returns to the White-Room. If I decide to make it, I'll go more in depth, but would you all like to see a story like that?

(Ayanokoji POV)

I awake from my slumber. A white ceiling.

It's currently 5:34pm. I guess something woke me up... No matter.

I get up from my bed, and go on with my morning routine: Have breakfast, brush my teeth, take a shower, and get ready for school.

A rather basic and boring routine which differentiates from the one I followed in that place, but I wish to be like a normal boy as much as possible. It's only 7:26, I guess I could walk around campus.

I exit my dorm room, bag slung around my arm and shoulder. I instantly felt the cool breeze of the morning air. It felt crisp, and there was a certain 'nostalgic' smell to it.

I walked around campus, noticing a few upperclassmen or couples on my walk.

Couples.

I've been wondering what Arisu and I truly are. We've gone on a date once, but what would that make us? Are we dating? Are we just friends? I have a fear of sorts to confront her about the matter.

Brushing off my thoughts, I sit down on a blue bench, and admire the beauty of the trees and sunrise. The orange and red colors of the sun complement each other in a nice way, and the trees add some cinema to it. It's something you see at the end of a romance movie. Maybe when they confess their love to each other or something. I need Arisu to give me some more movies to watch...

It's only 7:45, and I then decide I can do the most logical thing a man can do, the most honorable thing...

(Suspense)

Buy myself some mint chocolate chip ice cream of course.

"...Tastes better than the one from the amusement park." I commented, and continued licking my ice cream.

I decided it was time to head to school. I ran into a few classmates, tried to say some greetings, failed at it, and finished my ice cream.

Horikita approached the gates, book in hand. It was the same book I saw her reading on the bus yesterday. I decided it would be nice to approach her, maybe I can become her friend!

"Morning, Horikita." I wave.

Horikita turned her head to face me, and quickly donned an expression full of disdain. Jeez, she hates my guts...I didn't even do anything to her!

"You're reading the same book from the bus?"

"Correct. I only got to the 17th page before Kushida wailed like a baby about giving up seats for an old lady." She closes the book, and finally looks me in the eyes.

"That so?"

...How do I continue this conversation?

Shouldn't I have developed some people skills while I was with Arisu? Never mind that, I can't even smile.

"Ayanokouji? Are you okay?" She asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Thanks for asking." To be asked if I'm okay by such a pretty lady makes me feel like the Honored One.

We walked to school together in silence. I noticed Arisu conversing with another girl, presumably from Class-A. I felt her murderous gaze pierce both Horikita and I from behind as we passed by. Do they have a history together? Did I annoy Arisu?