Chapter Twelve

(*Pic is my furbaby Loki. He turns One years old today and wanted to share.)

*Hadrian Potter*

After paying for both mine and Tom's ice cream I moved to one of the outside tables since inside the shop was packed with people. I slowly started eating my treat and stared at all the families rushing around and spending time with their children wishing I had had that but knew that I was fine with not having it cause I had my family now.

"Hadrian?" Tom asked and I nearly jumped out of my seat.

"Circe," I cursed looking up to see him staring at me concerned.

"Are you alright? You looked upset?" he asked sitting down.

"Sorry, I was lost in thought," I smiled. "Where's Nagini?"

"Here," a small hiss sounded and I saw a small snakehead peek out over Tom's shirt collar.

"I had to shrink her so we did not cause a panic," Tom said as he took a bite of his ice cream. "Oh, I have missed sweets."

"Mione says I eat too many sweets but normally just eat them on the train," I said, finishing my ice cream. "Anyway, the others should be here soon."

"Where are you thinking of us all staying?" Tom asked.

"I was thinking of my dad's family manor," I said leaning forward. "I've seen pictures of it and from what Padfoot has told me it is a little smaller than the Malfoy's manor so it should be big enough for all of us to hide out in until school starts. Speaking of school we should probably see about getting you some school papers so you can attend with us this year."

"That would be a smart idea," Mione's voice sounded from behind me, and looked over my shoulder to see her standing over me. "Especially with who we have as a defense professor this year."

"Don't remind me," I grumbled remembering. "Can't we just kill her and be done with it?"

"No," Mione said and I pouted. "We have a plan to get rid of her legally."

"Fine," I grumbled ignoring Tom's confused look. "Where are the others?"

"Potter Manor," she said. "Moony and Padfoot said it was big enough for all of us and the protection wards are stronger due to blood magic and something your grandfather did so all unwelcome visitors cannot enter without specific instruction. I have a portkey so let's go."

"Okay," I said standing up and grabbing both mine and Tom's empty cups walking over to the trash can and tossing them in the cans before looking up and scanning the area suddenly felt uneasy before hurrying back over to Tom and Mione who held up a necklace with a stag charm on it.

"Harry, don't let go I don't want to have a repeat of the last time we port keyed somewhere," Mione said and I stuck my tongue out at her before grabbing onto the necklace and watching Tom do the same and I felt the familiar uncomfortable feeling of being pulled through a portkey.

"Easy cub," I heard Moony say before I felt his hands on my shoulders. "You alright?"

"Yeah," I nodded smiling at him before turning to see everyone was standing around us outside of a large metal gate that had my family crest resting in the middle. "Why are we standing outside?"

"You need to unlock the gate pup," Padfoot said. "The wards only allow those with Potter blood or those who have special permission."

"So I have to invite everyone in?" I asked still a little confused but understanding what he was saying.

"Yes," Moony said as he held up a small dagger. "The spell is small but powerful. You are going to cut your palm and place your blood in the lock then recite in Latin our names are under the protection of the Potter family magic."

"Okay," I nodded taking the dagger from Moony and walking up to the gate staring at the lock and noticed a small engraved phoenix carved into it before quickly cutting my palm and placing my bleeding hand on my lock feeling a strong pulse of magic before reciting the spell with everyone's names. Pulling my hand back I wiped the blood on my pants and stared at the gate confused why it wasn't opening.

"That's odd," Padfoot said as he walked up behind me. "You recited the spell perfectly."

"I know that," I huffed offended at his tone. "But it not opening and I haven't had a chance to learn about my family's magic with the whole chosen one and war for power that I was thrown into when I learned about the magical world."

"Ry," Mione said and I looked at her. "You are the Potter heir, you should be able to enter the gate."

"The spell didn't work and the last time we tried an unlocking spell on a magic gate it backfired badly," I grumbled before I looked at her and grinned. "Dobby."

"Harry no," Ron groaned and I shrugged as a pop sounded and I turned to see Dobby staring at everyone.

"Mister Potter summoned Dobby," he said staring at everyone wearily.

"I did," I said. "You can take othering into warded areas, correct?"

"Dobby can," Dobby said. "Where is Dobby taking Mister Potter and his friends?"

"We need inside this manor," I said pointing at the gate. "All of us. Can you do that?"

"Dobby can," Dobby said and he snapped his fingers and a moment later we were standing in front of the huge door leading inside the manor. "Dobby has done as requested."

"Thank you Dobby," I said. "I will call if we need you again."

"Dobby is always ready to help Mister Potter and friends," Dobby said before he vanished.

"Psycho elf," Ron muttered.

"He didn't ask for payment this time," I said and everyone except Ron and Mione stared at me.

"Long story we will explain later," Mione said hurriedly. "Harry since this is your house we will follow you inside."

I shrugged and turned towards the doors and pushed them open once again feeling a pulse of magic when I stepped through the threshold. Shuddering I looked around the dimly lit hall squinting I pulled my wand out of my thigh holster and cast a Lumos spell and several lights lit up lighting the hall in a bight glow and revealing a well-kept hallway.

"Not what I was expecting," I mumbled turning the look back at Padfoot and Moony.