Chapter Sixteen

*Tom Riddle*

After we arrived at the ministry Lupin led us through the bundle of people while Black walked beside him in his animagus form and Hadrian walked between his two friends hiding his face in a cloak I looked around noticing all of the looks we were getting so a picked up my pace.

"Don't these people have anything better to do?" Granger muttered.

"Nope," Hadrian chuckled. "They are all nosey, and some wonder why a werewolf is here. Bloody fuckers need to get over that stupid pureblood prejudice."

"That prejudice has been around for centuries," I said, looking around again and noticing all of the disgusted looks. "It is the same as racism that runs in the muggle world. It is engrained in the mind from the time they can walk and nothing will change their minds unless you put a stop at the main source."

"Everyone bleeds red but most people won't see it that way," Granger said as we turned down a hallway and out of the main lobby area of the ministry.

"Can I help you?" a young man asked as we stopped at the end of the hallways.

"We need to speak to Madam Amelia Bones," Lupin said. "It is urgent."

"Of course and who are you?" the man asked and LUpin froze.

"Harry Potter," Hadrian said removing his hood. "Tell her I need to speak to her about what she asked me a few months ago."

"Y-yes Mr.Potter," the man stammered, quickly disappearing behind the door.

"That's certainly going to catch attention," Weasely muttered.

"That's the idea," Hadrian smirked at him before the man returned still looking shaken.

"You can go in, Mr.Potter," he said.

"Thanks," Hadrian said, and we followed Lupin around the desk and into the office where a familiar woman was standing behind a desk looking at us emotionless.

"Mr.Potter, may I ask why you scared my assistant?" the woman asked crossing her arms.

"That was unintentional," Hadrian said. "But I wasn't sure how else to get your attention because I need help."

"Help with what?" she sighed.

"I know Susan mentioned that she thought I was being abused," Hadrian said.

"Yes," she said. "You said you weren't and that you were safe with your family."

"I lied," Hadrian said. "I didn't think anyone would believe me if I asked for help as every time I have asked I've been ignored but I recently found out that I have been lied to and my parent's wishes were ignored."

"How so?"

"I went to Grinngotts yesterday to see about my vaults and found out that my parent's Will had not been read," Hadrian said taking the stack of parchments from Granger after she pulled them from her small bag. "I was never supposed to be put in the care of my muggle aunt and uncle. I was supposed to be placed in the care of my godfather or one of my mother's friends."

"This says your godfather is Sirius Black," she said as she scanned over the parchments. "Wasn't he the secret keeper and the reason they were killed?"

"No," Lupin said. "We made everyone think that Sirius was the secret keeper because we thought it would be safer but Peter Pettigrew. Pettigrew revealed where James and Lily were hiding. Pettigree was the one that killed those twelve muggles."

"If that is true then why was Black proven guilty?"

"I was never given a trial," Black said as he shifted out of his animagus form.

"Sirius!" she gasped reaching for her wand while Hadrian and his friends moved so they were blocking her from casting any curses at Black.

"Please Amelia," Black said holding his hands up. "You know I would never hurt James or Lily. Why would I agree to make an unbreakable vow to protect Harry if I was going to kill them and watch him get sent away? Look at my file you will see I was never given a trial. I have claimed my innocence since they threw me in Azkaban. I escaped there to go save Harry because I saw that Pettigrew was around him."

"Give him veritaserum," Weasly said. "He can't lie if he is under a truth potion."

"Dumbledore knew," Hadrian said. "Dumbledore knew and he did nothing to help. Why would we chance getting thrown in Azkaban if we weren't right about this."

"They are correct ma'am," I said speaking up and everyone looked at me. "Albus Dumbledore manipulates everyone and when those who don't follow his plan he throws them under the bus."

"And you are?" she asked.

"Thomas Riddle Gaunt," I said glancing at Hadrian. "Dumbledore has ruined many people's lives and he needs to be stopped."

"Please Amelia," Lupin said. "We came to you because you listen and don't judge until you get all the facts. You know your brother and sister-in-law were helping in the war. You know the last person they spoke to was Dumbledore."

"Please Amelia," Black said. "Help us prove that Dumbledore is the bad guy."

"This will have to be done correctly," she said dropping into her seat. "Sirius will have to be placed back in custody, but I will personally handle everything. Now if you know where Pettigrew is then it will be easy to prove everything that you said is true."

"Tom and I will handle that," Hadrian said and I looked at him startled at his dark tone but said nothing.

"How soon can you get a trial scheduled?" I asked.

"It is Friday so I will have one scheduled first thing Monday morning."

"We will be here first thing," Granger said. "And we'll make sure everyone else is too."

I stared at Handrain and his friends as they all laughed and I had a feeling that they were hiding a lot more than they were sharing.