Problems

Even with Katie's revelation over her relationship with Lily, she hadn't changed her actions. She thought that she had so many other things to worry about right now, and the Lilly situationship had been going on for a while, then it could wait a little while longer.

Problems like Anna-Kat practicing her fire drills.

Opening the door to her youngest kids room, she found the girl with all of her ponies lined up, and a trash bag taped to the side of her shelf.

"Morning, Baby Doll. What's the trash bag for?"

"My ponies are my best friends in the whole world. If there's a fire, they need to survive.." She then screams. "Fire drill!" Pushing all of her ponies off of the shelf and into the bag, in one fluid motion.Then running out of the room with the bag in hand, and without another word.

***

Then the next problem is Oliver's new shirts.

"Hey, Oliver." She says entering his room. "New shirt looks good."

"I can't be seen in this."

"What? You begged me to buy you that polo shirt."

"Yes but not from an outlet mall."

"What the hell difference does it make where it's from?"

"Outlet malls sell the flawed reject shirts. Look at the cricket player. Look at his bat. It's defective. The bat's bent. The bat's bent!" He says as if it's the most offensive thing to ever happen.

"So?"

"Classic tell of a discount purchase."

"Oliver, it is not a big deal."

"Honestly, without any drama, for real, this is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone."

"Okay, well, guess what. I bought you the [bleep] shirt so you're going to wear it!" She says ending the conversation. Walking out so he couldn't add anything else.

***

Then there was Taylor. Sweet, Sweet, sleepy Taylor.

Since the teen was answering when the woman knocked she just went in. She was met with the fact that her daughter was still fast asleep.

"Taylor, why are you still in bed?!."

She then decided to take things into her own hands. Literally. Wrapping her hands around the girl's ankle, that was hanging off the side of the bed. She yanked the girl out of bed.

The only reason she knew the girl was awake was by the girl yelling, "Ow!" as the mother went to walk out of the room.

***

Then there was Greg, her oh so loving husband. The same husband that hogged the bathroom all morning.

Standing outside of the door, she decided to knock.

"Greg, you can't possibly still be in the bathroom."

"I was almost done, but you spooked it back in!"

***

Then there was Lilly. She was sitting on the couch reading a book, fully dressed and ready to leave.

There was a selfish part of Katie that was reluctant to hash things out with her daughter, because if she did, then that would mean one more kid that she would have to actively take care of.

Lilly was so independent. She always had been, or maybe she was conditioned to be. Either way she was the easy kid.

So she decided to ignore the elephant in the room. Maybe she could fix it once Anna-Kats OCD is more under control, or Oliver stopped turning into one of the rich snobs of this town, or Taylor started to act more mature.
So for right now this would just have to wait.

***

Please don't be silent readers. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. If you like the story please vote! Thank you for reading.