Deers & Dress up

Lilly was in her room on the phone with her boyfriend when there was a knock on her door.

"Come in."

The door opened with Oliver peeking his head in.

"Could I talk to you for a minute?"

Oliver had a timid look on his face. The boy tries to act so older, but right now, he looks like a scared kid.

"Yeah, just one second." She said as she picked up her phone again. "Hey, Oliver needs me. Can I call you back?"

"Go, I'll be here when you're done."

"Thanks." After she hung up and she looked at her brother. Pats the bed signaling for him to sit. "What's going on?"

"Well I was talking to dad earlier..."

Oliver had gone to his father's office. Knocking and walking in. He walked in only for his eyes to meet his fathers.

"Hey dad." He said as he broke eye contact. Turning around to shut the door.

"Hey."Greg sounded slightly confused from his seat on the couch.

"I can trust you with a secret, right? I mean you being the cool parent and all." Walking over to where his father was.

"Yeah. I didn't realize - - Yeah!" Excited about his son coming to him. He sat up with anticipation.

"Okay, well, I've been taking cotillion classes."

"So you're learning good manners and etiquette covertly. It's a weird secret."

"I'm using it strictly for networking purposes. Your oldest friends are the ones that lied to the S. E. C. for you. SEC."

"My friends and I used to ride bikes, skip stones.One time we threw a watermelon off a roof  - - made a big mess."

Scoffing at the words his father said. He sat down at the man's side.

"Cute. So here's the deal - - There's a formal dance that's a part of it, and I'm going to need a tux."

"That's really more of your mom's department."

"Wel, it's going to have to be yours. I'd rather not involve mom."

"... Then I overheard dad telling mom later that night. I know I shouldn't have trusted him with it and came to you instead." He put his head down, not wanting her to be mad. Because if she were mom she would be upset and yelling.

She put her arm around his shoulder while resting her head on top of his. "He definitely shouldn't have broken your trust. And it's normal to feel hurt and upset. If you want I can help you instead."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Cooper, Lucas and I are going to look for suites tomorrow for them. Do you want to come with us?"

She could feel him nodding. "Do you maybe want to stay and watch a movie?" She asked.

"Can we watch Harry Potter?"

"I thought you weren't into that anymore."

"I just don't talk about it because I don't want to get made fun of, like when we moved here."

"Okay, you get it set up and I'll message Lucas with the updates. Is that okay?"

Oliver jumps up and runs to his room excited to finally have someone to talk about his favorite series with.