Chapter 7

Hiro picked up M/n and put him on his shoulders. M/n quickly wrapped his arms around his father's neck and rested himself on Hiro. The said-father smiled.

« You still wanna sleep Champ ? » He felt M/n nod.

Hiro gently placed his hand on his son's head and started to pet him.

« Papa, stop petting my head. » He said, yawning. « Otherwise I'm going to fall asleep. »

« I dare you to fall asleep. »

« What would I get if I win ? »

« Already demanding what would be the price, heh. »

« I know that I'm going to win. » He nonchalantly responded

« Damn that smarty kid. » Hiro thought.

« Confident as always. » He smirked.

« And imagine if I win ? »

« I'm gonna give you a surprise. »

« Oh my baby cutie pie. »

« And what is it going to be ? »

« Papa it's a surprise. » M/n said, in a matter of fact voice. « I'm not suppose to tell you. »

« Ok ok smarty pants. »

« So what do you want to eat ? » Hiro asked, removing M/n from his shoulders and sitting him on a chair.

Hiro made himself a ritual. When he would have a break from work, he would spent his day with his son. It was a small act, but it warms the heart knowing that there is, at least, one person who cares deeply about you.

« I want (favorite breakfast) and (favorite drink). »

« At your service sir. » He jokingly salute and went to make breakfast.

M/n giggled. His father was silly. Hiro could be both angel and devil in front of M/n. But for his sanity's sake, he decided to play the angel.

M/n was not dumb. He knew that his father was capable doing hideous things : like killing people for exemple. He knew that his father was not a saint. He was the devil himself.

Somedays, he thought about what would happen if his father did not want him anymore. Where would he go ? Was his mother going to take care of him ? All those questions came in his young mind. He was deeply afraid that this day would come. He was not emotionally nor physically prepared.

His face suddenly saddened. Some tears started flow down his cheeks. He hiccuped.

« Hey baby, what happened ? » He asked.

« Papaaaaa. » M/n continues to cry.

« Baby baby what happened ? »

« Why you cryin' ? »

« Papa please don't leave me. »

« Hey hey why would I ever leave you baby boy ? »

« Papa please promise me. » M/n could not bring himself to calm down. He kept asking to not leave him. Poor kid, he was so scared about the idea of loosing his dad that kept on crying.

« Baby champ I promise you that this is never going to happen. » Hiro darkly answered.

The father continued to calm him down by patting his head, lightly humming a song.

M/n was so preoccupied that he did not even knew when he fall asleep. His grip tightened around his Hiro's shoulders. He continuously nuzzled in his favorite nuzzling place : his dad's neck.

« And here I thought that I would have a cosy day, with only laughter. » He thought.

« Damn it. » He grumbled.

« Argh, fuck that shit ! »

« Well waiting time began. »

•••TBC•••