04.

Y/N'S & NOBARA'S TEST•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

You, Yuji and Nobara had finally made it into the building that had the curse inside. You had been walking at the back, as per usual, staying quiet and observant. Nobara suggested that you split up and search different floors of the building. Without hesitation, you agreed and walked away from them with a calm demeanor.

''See you in a bit then'' You said nonchalantly as you headed towards the basement.

''I'll take the basement, you two can split the rest however you want'' You added before disappearing from view. Yuji frowned at your choice to go straight to the basement.

''Huh... you're going to the basement already? That's scary~'' He remarked, trying to hide his unease. You simply looked back at him

''I'll deal with it''

''Alright, I'll start at the top and search each floor down'' She said, gesturing towards the stairs

''And you start from the bottom. Let's just get this over with and have sushi in Ginza'' She said to Yuji. But Yuji wanted to take the situation more seriously.

''Wait a second, let's be a little more serious'' He mumbled, causing Nobara to lose her patience.

''I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT FROM SOMEONE WHO WAS A NORMIE JUST MOMENTS AGO! GET THE HELL ON WITH IT!'' she scolded, kicking Yuji down the stairs. He glared at her in frustration.

''I DON'T GET YOU AT ALL! WHAT'S BEEN WITH YOUR ATTITUDE ALL DAY?!'' Yuji snapped back, but Nobara had already stormed off.

''That's why you're unpopular'' She muttered under her breath as she headed to the top floor. Yuji was taken aback.

''How do you know I'm unpopular?!'' he shouted in disbelief, but Nobara was already out of earshot.

As Yuji made his way up the stairs, he suddenly felt a powerful presence. Before he could react, a curse appeared and attacked him, but he managed to avoid it and destroy the curse. Meanwhile, you had reached the basement room and silently made your way inside. The room was eerily quiet, and the only sound was the creaking door as you shut it behind you.

You walked towards the middle of the room and sat down, closing your eyes and focusing your cursed energy.

''Phantom Bind''

Suddenly, invisible threads extended out from your body in different directions. You used these threads to sense any nearby curses, and after a while, you opened your eyes.

💭 ''I see...so it's on the top floor. It's hiding...''

💭 ''But...what's a kid doing there...?''

[Upstairs on the top floor]

She had been dealing with the curse for a while now, and it was going well. She had just defeated a doll, when she caught sight of a small figure hiding in the corner, trembling with fear. Nobara's heart was filled with surprise and confusion. How could a child be in a place like this?

''Hey, it's okay now. Come here'' She said in a softer tone to not startle the kid anymore. But the kid just shook his head, refusing to move.

''I guess the saying that children don't get emotionally attached to beautiful people is true. I'll call Itadori'' Nobara mumbled to herself. But before she could leave, the kid suddenly pleaded

''Wait! Don't leave me here!''

Nobara turned back to see an ugly creature pulling the kid towards it, using him as a hostage. Realizing that she couldn't do anything, she surrendered and put her arms up.

''I'm unarmed. Let that kid go'' Nobara said calmly, hoping to reason with the curse. But it didn't seem to care.

Just then, something unexpected happened. A silver thread appeared out of nowhere, wrapping itself around the kid and pulling him away from the curse's grasp. Nobara and the curse both watched in shock as the kid slid across the floor, the thread protecting him.

And another surprise awaited them. Yuji, appeared out of nowhere and punched the curse hard. Nobara used her straw doll to deliver the final blow, destroying the curse.

Nobara stared in amazement as the silver thread disappeared and the kid was left unharmed.

''Where the heck did those threads come from?'' She mumbled to herself.

Once the situation was under control and the kid was safe and sound, Nobara and Yuji walked out with him in tow. Moments later, you stepped out of a nearby room.

''What happened? Was there another curse in the basement too?'' Yuji asked, worried and curious.

''I went to the basement to find the middle point in the building. My threads can cover any distance and I was just scouting out the curse. I'm glad the kid is okay'' You explained calmly, giving the kid a gentle pat on the head before walking away.

''Huh? If your technique allows you to scout out curses, then why didn't you say so?'' Nobara scolded you, her eyes narrowed. You simply stared at her with a blank expression

''Team work isn't really my forte, nor do I care'' You said.

''I just didn't think I was needed...you sorted it out, so does it matter?'' You sighed before heading away

''She's a hard nut to crack'' Gojo whispered to Nobara, giggling slightly

*A while later*

You were leaning against the wall, just on your phone.

''Good work, guys!'' Gojo smiled happily

''The kid was escorted home, let's go eat this time'' He announced

''BEEF STEAK!''

''SUSHI!''

So once it was decided where the group the was going to have food, you just simply went along without pitching in your own suggestions. Yuji and Nobara were out in front of the group chatting away with their loud voices, whilst Gojo joined in from, you and Megumi were at the back, in peace.

''So...where were you and Gojo-Sensei?'' You asked, Megumi looked down at you

''Outside...'' He said, you nodded

''Gojo-Sensei seemed to be really interested in your cursed technique...he was acting all happy and cheery like Itadori that it was making me sick...'' Megumi said bluntly, you looked over at him

...

''There is a lot more to this technique...but whether I want to use it fully...I don't know...whether the risks outweigh the necessity...but I guess I'll see how it goes...'' You mumbled quietly, now observing your hands

''I haven't had nearly enough practice with it...cuz I never knew I needed it until recently...so it was just kinda pushed back to the back of my mind I guess...'' You added

???

''Ya...you don't have to tell me anything...I'm not forcing you...you do things at your own pace...maybe you'll learn a lot about yourself whilst you're here...'' He said

...

💭 ''It's...not...worth it..."

''Maybe...'' Your voice trailed off as you now looked up at the evening sky, Megumi was watching you the whole time, just curious about you

To be continued...

Next time on Scars Of The Soul,
Fearsome Womb (1)