Chapter 5 - Roadtrip

Soon enough-I would say, atleast-all the suitcases were in line beside the staircase. They were all done packing. Which was good, since it was getting late. Around 8:10, even though they weren't supposed to leave that late. I guess it would've been the same either way. (Who takes that long to pack up, honestly?)

Kickinchicken went out of his room and over the staircase to called out the others.

"Guys!" Kickinchicken grabbed the handle belonging to his suitcase, "Let's go! It's getting late!"

"Okay!" The others agreed and went outside their rooms.

Dogday closed his diary and put it in his backpack. He closed it, put it on his back, and went out of his room.

On his way out, he saw Catnap, who was just about to notice him. He was just standing there, looking at the stars on their window.

"Catnap!" Dogday approached him, "Let's go, I'm so excited!"

Catnap got surprised at his presence, but sighed in relief when he had saw that it was just Dogday. He gave a big smile and held his hand, "Okay," he meant, "This is going to be my best day ever!"

Dogday ran with enthusiasm as he held Catnap's hand. The others were waiting on the staircase with their suitcases. They smirked and looked at eachother, and they could have also been raising their eyebrows.

Catnap got both Dogday's suitcase and his own, "Here, may I hold it for you until we reach downstairs?" He eagerly asked into Dogday's ear.

"Oh, you gentleman," Dogday said kindly and grabbed his hand tighter. Catnap almost gasped out loud when he called him such a name, "Alright then. If that's what you want."

Catnap got and dragged both suitcases. His own was on his back, and he was holding Dogday's suitcase by its handle. He struggled a bit, but he didn't want Dogday to know that. Dogday was holding Catnap's back as they slowly went down. The others followed Catnap and Dogday slowly. Dogday worringly kept on looking at Catnap as he pulled the suitcases, grunting with every step.

They all reached the ground floor safely and Catnap returned Dogday's suitcase. He smiled gratefully as he handed it to Hoppy Hopscotch. She was going to be the one to load all the things in their strange car, but Bubba Bubbaphant and Bobby Bearhug decided to help her just before she opened the door leading to their nasty garage. They haven't went outside Playtime Co. in, like, years. I'd say about... 86.

They went outside the door with all the suitcases and Bobby Bearhug opened the trunk. The car was shaped like a parallelogram and the windows were circles. It ran from radioactive bird poop. When the car would run out of those, someone would volunteer to go outside and collect some.

"There we go!" Hoppy Hopscotch threw the first suitcase inside, which belonged to PickyPiggy. Then she rearranged its position to lay flat, "Help me throw the other ones, would ya?"

"Already got that covered," Bubba Bubbaphant plopped in Kickinchicken's suitcase, "Why are we using suitcases? We aren't going that far, and it is just a week."

"Yeah. But, why not? We have nothing else that we own that could ever pack so much things for a week of stayin' in a beach," Hoppy Hopscotch placed her own Suitcase.

"True..."

"By the way," she turned to him energetically, "thanks for helping me with my stuff. If it weren't for you, they would've blown up again."

"Oh, trust me, I know," Bubba Bubbaphant paused to put in his own suitcase, then after, Catnap and Dogday's, "and you're welcome. If you need help, you can just ask me."