Chapter 9 - Eyes on a Diary (Not on Purpose)

Hours later, it's now 9:00 AM. The sun rised, and the sky was a beautiful vibrant blue. Sounds of play and laughter could be heard from the Cabin's windows.
Catnap and Dogday remained asleep. They were both curled up into a ball, ignoring the light of day. Until a bang and a scream bursted out in their cabin.

BANG!

CATNAP! DOGDAY! WAKE UP!“ Hoppy Hopscotch shouted loudly.

Catnap and Dogday still remained asleep, although disturbed by Hoppy Hopscotch's sudden appearance in their space.

“It's such a beautiful Monday! WHY ARE YOU TWO STILL ASLEEP?! DON'T YOU WANT TO SWIM?!“

“Swim?“ Dogday muttered.

“Ahem, YES.“

Catnap sat up sleepily on their bed and shook his hand towards Hoppy Hopscotch, “Wait for us over there,” he meant.

“Okay, fine. But you two better get ready.“ Hoppy Hopscotch went closer to their bed. “Or are you 'love-birds' just going to sleep in?“

Catnap frowned and shoved Hoppy Hopscotch. She laughed and slapped her knee. She then dropped on her knees and used her fist to hit the ground.
Catnap facepalmed, and lied down again beside Dogday.

“…wait,” Hoppy Hopscotch stood up, “you two actually want to continue sleeping?“

“Mhm… I hope you can wait for us there,” Dogday closed his eyes.

“What—” Hoppy Hopscotch froze in disbelief, “no way.“

Catnap nodded his head, “Yes way,” he meant by that, “Listen, we had a long night… let us sleep. Okay?“

“Oh— oh my gosh.“

Hoppy Hopscotch watched in utter shock as Catnap and Dogday immediately went back to sleep. Catnap didn't even use his gas! Are they really that sleepy? She gaped her mouth open and stared at them for a second.
Hoppy Hopscotch decided to shake it off and just walk out of the door. She looked back over her shoulder, they were really sleeping.
The door creaked as she stepped out the Cabin. Most of her friends stood, waiting outside.

“So, are they going to join us?“ Bubba Bubbaphant asked.

“Nope,” Hoppy Hopscotch replied, “they're… actually still sleeping.“

“Hehe! must've had a long day,” Craftycorn chuckled.

"That's what Catnap said, too…” Hoppy Hopscotch grumbled.

“Are you guys starting to grow suspicious over them?“ Bobby Bearhug narrowed her eyes towards the window which showed Catnap and Dogday asleep and stretched out, “Not in a bad way, I mean…”

“I totally get what you're talking about.“ PickyPiggy placed her hands on her hips. “Ever since last night, they have been…” her voice faded away.

“The slow-dancing was cute, though.“

“Defenitely.“

“Jeez, now they're sleeping together, look!“ Kickinchicken pointed to the window Bobby Bearhug was looking at, “And I can confirm, that's not very…” he tried to find a word, “best-friendy!“

“I bet that Dogday will fall for Catnap first,” Craftycorn suddenly blurted out.

“Let's all continue our conversation in the beach,” Bubba Bubbaphant inturrupted, “We can't stay here forever!“

“You're right, let's go. I guess we could just wait for Dogday and Catnap.“

Then they all walked away from Catnap and Dogday's cabin, heading to the main shore.