Chapter 7 - The Night, and You

Catnap and Dogday arrived at the front gate. Catnap looked at the clock on the wall. There was 2 minutes left.

"I don't think we'll make it," Catnap continued to look at the clock.

"We will if we try!" Dogday dragged Catnap with him in front of the gates. They were huge and made out of marble. Gems fashioned it and flowers decorated the top.

"Excuse me!" Dogday caught the guard's attention, "we would like to get in, please."

"Oh!" The guard saw the same purple cat from awhile ago, "You got a partner! Well, I guess I could let you in. Be quick, there's a minute left."

The guard scanned them, opened the gates, and they immediately ran to find a spot. People were scattered in their places, it was almost impossible to even walk!

Catnap and Dogday were rushing to look for one of their own. As they were rushing, the huge crowd of people started to count down according to the timer glued to a huge billboard,

"FIFTY-NINE!"

"FIFTY-EIGHT!"

"FIFTY-SEVEN!" The people continued to count down.

"Oh no..." Catnap looked around, "a minute left, and we can't find a spot!"

"Goodness gracious!" Dogday looked at everyone, "There's so much people, I don't think we'll even see our friends!"

"Then-" Catnap shook his head, "then we will have to just not sit with them!"

"A-hah!" Dogday exclaimed as he saw a small spot in the front corner, "Over there, it's far, but we will make it!"

Dogday held Catnap's hand tighter and went through the crowd. They stepped over their belongings and they apologized everytime.

They stepped on a phone.

The stepped on a pair of slippers.

They even stepped on a jellyfish, but they didn't notice that anymore; They hastened to the spot that Dogday spotted.

Dogday tripped over a dead coral washed up from the sea and hit his head. Catnap gasped as he stood up. His right side was full of sand. Catnap brushed some sand off and kneeled down,

"Are you okay?!"

"Yeah! I think I hurt my ankle, though."

"Then I'll just carry you. Lead the way, okay?"

Catnap lifted up Dogday and positioned him in his arms. Dogday blushed slightly as he did.

Catnap then ran and Dogday pointed to the directions.

"TWENTY!"

"NINE-TEEN!"

"Oh, no, no, no..." Catnap anxiously scurried faster.

"Calm down, you can do it," Dogday reassured and held his shoulders as he was being carried, "See? Over there, hurry!" He pointed to the empty spot of sand with a red blanket on it, "We're so close!"

The others were beside each-other in their spots. They worried about Dogday and Catnap.

"Where are they?!" Craftycorn turned her head all around, hoping to see them both, "Oh, I'll feel horrible if they won't be able to witness it."

Hoppy Hopscotch stood up on her tip-toes to find any sign of them. It seemed like they didn't have any chance to see the meteor shower. They weren't anywhere in her sight.