Chapter 1: The Wedge [Part of the Preparation] (Page 2/3).

The atmosphere was very solemn.

“This mission has made me feel extremely depressed. I really want to kill all those bastards from the Self-Orthodox Sect.”

One person sighed and broke the silence: “Seventeen thousand people! In two small towns, there are not even warriors or ordinary people; there is not a single person alive. When I saw the corpses on the ground, I immediately collapsed.”

Everyone was silent.

But the gloomy atmosphere spread silently.

It was a long time before someone said in a hoarse voice: “Only the Self-Orthodox Sect did many things that harm nature, but we saw the situation after the massacre four times with our own eyes. There are also those bloody cases that we heard about and the burdensome blood debts, but the Self-Orthodox Sect has existed for dozens of thousands of years, but there is no solution to this yet.”

“This time it is said that they discovered our secret agent, so they slaughtered villages and towns to vent their anger and resentment. Oh… damn it! What does discovering the secret agent have to do with ordinary people? These guys from the Self-Orthodox Sect are truly inhuman!”

“Hey, when did they find our secret agent and not massacre villages, towns, and civilians?” Several other people sighed.

“This is their way. To find a secret agent, his hometown will be razed to the ground. If he has no home, he will slaughter two cities at will to scare us, but they never care about the innocent. The only thing that matters to the Self-Orthodox Sect is that they are not threatened. That is why it doesn't matter if they kill everyone in the world."

“It's a pity that we can't touch their headquarters; otherwise... hey!”

Sigh. Everyone was in a very low mood.

No one could touch the sect headquarters, the Guardians had sacrificed countless masters and put in many years of effort, but to no avail.

But now, as selfishness grows stronger, this hope becomes increasingly slim.

Then no one spoke, and the atmosphere was as gloomy as heavy rain clouds in the sky.

A few sighs.

Boring and dreary.

For a long time, it seemed that he was deliberately breaking this uncomfortable atmosphere.

“Boss, can I rest for a while after this mission... I'm in a lot of pain.”

One of them covered his chest and said: “I want to take a vacation.”

“Heh… Single dog, do you want to take a vacation? Do you want to go back for a blind date? I heard that your family sent you a message a few days ago?”

The Boss said sarcastically: "Fourth, don't have too many illusions about life. Maybe your blind date will be as fat as a pig, or stupid as a donkey, or short as a tank, or as ugly as you."

The other five people suddenly trembled.

They laughed, but the laughter caused the wound to quiver in pain.

“Boss, your mouth truly deserves your title, Drunken Swordsman!”

Fourth Brother collapsed in an instant, his brows tightened as he cried: “I just want to take a vacation, how can you curse me with that evil mouth?”

The Boss was leaning on the statue's crotch, his head resting on the statue's crotch, and there was a traumatic, penetrating wound on the right chest of his upper body.