Memories Of The Past

A few years ago in Sitra

My town's capital, Sitra, is a peaceful city renowned for its stunning beaches, lively culture, and amiable populace. The city is home to individuals from all over the world, representing a melting pot of many cultures. With its skyline lined with opulent hotels and skyscrapers, Sitra is a city of progress and modernity as well. Even so, the city manages to hold onto its old-world charm with its historic mosques and lively souks.

All things considered, Sitra is a singular and intriguing city that provides a calm and friendly experience for everyone who visits. I uttered those words while recalling my birthplace and upbringing. I can't stop grinning as I think back on the times spent with friends, family, and neighbours.

Sitra is a peaceful city in terms of social harmony in addition to its natural beauty. People of all faiths coexist peacefully and with respect for one another throughout the city. The city's "Tolerance Park," a public area devoted to honouring religious diversity, is arguably the best example of this harmonious cohabitation. Built side by side, the park is home to a synagogue, a church, and a mosque.

This harmony emblem embodies Sitraas' essence as a peaceful city to the fullest. I said and when I looked at  Yazid. He is focusing so intently on me that it's difficult for him to miss anything I say, so I can tell he is giving me his whole attention and I get the courage to continue.

But when Sitra had its fair share of religious crises—most famously, the 2011 protests that rocked the city—everything began to change. The country's majority Sunni Muslim population organised the protests in response to what they saw as discrimination by the government against the Shia community.

The Shia and Sunni Muslim communities were the principal participants in the 2011 Sitra protests. The majority Shia Muslim community in the city has long felt excluded and subject to discrimination from the Sunni-led administration.

The prominent Shia cleric's arrest set off a chain of events that resulted in large-scale protests demanding political change. Security forces were called in to put an end to the disturbances when the protests got violent. More hostilities between the Sunni and Shia communities resulted from this. Nonetheless, the city has come a long way in recent years in fostering understanding and harmony between the two groups.

The 2011 Sitra protests and crises were caused by several factors. First, the Shia community had long-standing grievances because they felt left out by the Sunni-led government. Second, a growing number of Shia citizens felt left behind by the nation's rapid development due to growing economic inequality. Thirdly, the Shia community felt that their voices were not being heard and that there was a perceived lack of political representation. The unrest in Sitra was also influenced by a larger regional context, which included tensions between Sunni and Shia groups across the Middle East.

Yazid paid close attention as I related how the religious unrest in Sitra resulted in a war that devastated the Sunni community. I also informed him about the violent turn the protests had taken, with protesters and security forces fighting in the streets. I told him about the destruction and loss caused by the war and how it had torn families apart. I talked about how the city was left broken and divided by the war.

My family began to fall apart during that war. I muttered to myself as I recalled the incident.

"What do you mean?" Yazid asked, his eyes not leaving mine.

"It was two years after the incident that another war broke through. We were all at home, but my elder sister was dispatched on an errand by our mother. We started hearing voices first before the gunfire came. We were all worried, and my mom tried to go out to check on her, but my dad stopped her. We waited and waited, but she never came back.

Baba hoped to see even if it was her corpse so that he would know that she's no more, but that day has never come, and because of that, we've got to bury her name because thinking about her used to bring so many bitter memories to us, and we pretend as if she never existed in our lives.

It's been so many years since the violence—so many years since the incident, which I can't remember. So much has changed, but the scars remain. I still remember the night we lost her. Even though I was small, I still remember. The cries, the screams, the pain. But time has a way of healing, they say, but we never heal, and that's why I don't want to lose Maha the second time again.

,☆

Guys no dogon turanci Today also bcos wlh as I'm typing ryt now my eyes are dropping🤣🤣. I just want to close my eyes and hug my pillow😴😴 bcos ayyam so tired Today or shld I say d whole week😫😫.

The week was so tight with countless of tests, wrote one Today too, assignments here and there, not to forget that next week we will start writing exams In sha Allah and Ramadan is approaching. In a nutshell ayyam receiving hurtful cables from everywhere and it's not easy wlh🤣🤣💔💔.

Had to write this chapter bcos of someone. I don't know her username I would have tag her. Expect an update Tomorrow In sha Allah if I get d energy and if my brain co-operate also🤣🤣.

Bissalam

Tusbir Ala Khair

🖤🖤