Mare

'It seems that someone has business with me in this organization.' Itachi thought after the meeting's end.

...

'I'm slowly dying and I still haven't found any clues about a place with evil chakra abundance to create the Hueco Mundo.'

As Dantes descended a seemingly endless flight of stairs, a traditional Japanese gate loomed overhead, casting a shadow on his path. The air was filled with quiet serenity, and the only sound was the soft rustling of leaves as they danced in the gentle breeze. He took in the beauty of his surroundings, feeling a sense of calm wash over him with each step he took.

However, this tranquility was intruded upon by another long-haired figure and reptile eyes ascending the stairs.

They both passed each other but Dantes ignored him as he was more preoccupied by his worrying health.

"Huhuhu~, don't we know each other?" Orochimaru's voice broke the silence, and yet, he was met with silence. Dantes' figure continuing to walk down.

But he was quickly stopped by a brown snake wrapping around him. "Hehe~, don't be so cold with m-." Before he could end his sentence, white paper flowers appeared around him and extended into white paper lances, impaling his body and wrapping around him.

"Argh!"

Orochimaru was quickly subdued, and before any more actions could be taken, kunai were thrown out of the first, landing on Dantes' previous spot.

When Orochimaru turned around to look at him, he saw the figure silently walk down the road as if this never happened before.

"O-Orochimaru-sama are you alright ?! Isn't that the Flower Demon?" Asked Kabuto. To which he responded; "I don't know, that person has disappeared since 3 years ago, this may just be Konan's disciple. Anyway, we need to escape."

A paper butterfly flew above this scene.

...

"Geuh..." Dantes' steps swayed right and left, his head was very dizzy.

{Warning. -47% infliction of all stats has risen to -54%. Please find attached an evil cha-}

'I know for fuck's sake.' His legs failed him but he was quickly caught up by a hand, folding paper sounds ringing in his ears.

"I knew I should have intervened."

"It's alright Konan, I don't want you to be discovered yet. Thank you." He slowly stabilized and whipped his mouth off the blood he had coughed up.

"Any news from Zetsu?"

She shook her head, this state of his made her uncomfortable. In the short few years, the number of people that were important to her amounted to two now.

One was using his life force to fulfill his dead friend's last wish, the other one, the one before her, was slowly dying of unknown reason. His only hope being a place filled with evil chakra. She didn't want to lose anyone anymore...

"Thank you for taking me with you to the spiritual meeting, I wanted to see his face and see what kind of emotions I would feel." Those were his last words as he slowly continued walking, his mind unknown to her.

Konan silently looked at his disappearing back.

...

Every current member of the Akatsuki had assembled inside a cave.
Their leader, Pain, looked at everyone and said in an indifferent voice; "Orochimaru betrayed us and has deserted."

"That bastard. He was only thinking about himself." A very hunched man added.

"We can't close an eye on this, but we're currently understaffed."

"Hey hey~ there! There's me! I could join~." A masked individual jumped in the back and said with a joyful voice while lifting his hand.

"Vanish already!" The hunched man directly shot him down.

Pain looked at the hunched man and said; "I have someone in mind for you as a duo, but you will have to treat him well." to which the old man responded with a hmph.

"What about me? Am I paired with Itachi?" Kakuzo moved in.

"No, I already have someone in mind for him."

...

On a bridge leading to the ocean, Itachi and a blue-skinned man talked. Unaware of the paper butterfly flying above them.

___
Mare: demon that silently torments it's victims