Elyina

Rupert

I was sitting on the couch in the family room. I was finishing up my book, Amir and Wenceslaus were going over their list of things Wenceslaus is not allowed to swipe.

Last week we were caught taking things out of a servant's pocket. His excuse was it looked shiny and he wanted to see it. It was a complete lie when I told Amir to shake him down.

His pockets rattled and when he turned him upside down, several shiny things fell from his clothes, several stolen from servants and quite a few of things Lady Cecily was looking for.

It was very noticeable Wenceslaus was tired of listening to Amir talk as his head kept falling. Just watching him sleepily listen makes me tired. Drifting to sleep as it got harder for me to focus on the words. I fell asleep for a solid 3 seconds before a loud bang could be heard on one of the doors from downstairs.

I jumped up and looked at Amir and Wenceslaus, they stared at me and got up and hopped off the couch and we went downstairs.

Wenceslaus was stumbling so I picked him up and held him while we rushed to the entrance, I stood at a distance to the door in case someone attempted to ambush and I didn't want me or my son to be caught in the crossfire.

Amir opened the door to find a basket on the floor by the entrance, there seemed to be nothing off about anything around the door and as a guard walked by on patrol Amir walked over to her and asked if he had heard anything.

I set Wence down where he followed behind me as I went over to the basket, hiding behind me and peeking from around.

The basket was a little large and a blanket was hiding the contents, as I lifted it up to see what was in I gasped, I dropped the blanket and Amir and the guard rushed over to see what it was.

Amir picked up the basket and rested it on a table nearby and he lifted the blanket and his eyes got wide, it was a baby.

He looked at me and I just shrugged, and looked at him then back to the sleeping infant back and forth.

Wenceslaus tried to look in the basket but had to get on his tiptoes to see.

"Um buddy hey how about you go and get ready for bed?" I said, urging him upstairs. Even though he resisted I got him up and promised him I would give him a snack if he would.

I went back downstairs to see Amir talking with Chamberlain. The guard was now gone.

I walked up and stood next to Amir, and looked at the sleeping child.

"So do you have any idea who or what left a baby in front of our door?" I asked as I looked at the child.

"No clue I sent guards to go look around our castle and the surrounding area for anyone who looks suspicious but I doubt we will find the person.

I hummed and the baby started to move and make noise. As she fussed I decided to pick her up and hold her.

She went back to sleep and I looked in her basket and there was a note.

Chamberlain grabbed it and read it aloud.

'Dear whoever finds my child, I am so sorry to burden you with my child but I am surrendering my daughter to someone who could take care of her better than I ever can and could. I am not in the best situation and I am afraid if I return to my home with her she would not be safe. So if anyone has the heart to take care of my daughter, fairly and lovingly, they will have my gratitudes. I even left the choice up to her caretakers to name her, as I do not feel worthy to give my gift a name as I am not worthy of her. Please take care of my child.'

"That is all", The Chamberlain says as he flips the card over to the back, but it was empty. I looked down at the child in my arms and I cooed as I felt how small she was.

She looked to be about 5 weeks old, she was tiny and didn't weigh much. I looked at my husband with a questioning expression.

As I did she started to squirm and cry, I held her close as I rushed to the kitchen where the maids were and asked what to feed a baby.

One of the maids was feeding her and I went back to Amir and decided to talk to him.

"What should we do? What does one do when a baby appears at their doorstep?! I mean this isn't the ideal place to drop off a kid!" I asked, flailing my hands around.

"I-I don't know" He says looking down in his own head thinking.

"I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if we just left her to be passed on, but are we really ready for another kid? I mean we are barely keeping Wenceslaus alive and well. How are we able to take care of something fresh from the womb?" I say quickly pacing back and forth waving my hands around making panicked and rushed gestures.

"Well?" I turned back looking at Amir, Even though I wanted to take her in I wasn't sure how he would feel about another kid, with Wence it was already something he wasn't ready for but since Wence is older than a fetus it would be a little easier. But a baby?!

I looked at him and he opened his mouth to speak, but a cough interrupted us.

It was a maid and she was holding the child and it seemed she waited for us to be finished talking to make her presence known.

Amir walked up to her and he gently picked up and held the child, she was now awake and just stared at him blankly

As he looked at her his gaze softened and she slowly nodded back to sleep and I slowly moved behind him and looked over his shoulder down at the baby.

"Elyina." He said quietly and I smiled softly, and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I like that name." I said to him looking at our new daughter, "Me too" He said softly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

IM BACK!! Sorry I was gone a while, It was my birthday last weekend and I was busy and I don't write during the week bc I have school. But I will write another part to make this a double post day, but like give me a second mk. TOODLES!