School

Wenceslaus 

I sadly had to wake up, I usually would have slept in but papa woke me up early. He is a strange man.

"Wence wake up. Get up kiddo." His ugly voice says rather loudly. I look at him with a deep frown engraved on my face.

"Papa 'm sleepy!" I whine then he opened my window curtain causing me to yell and hide under the blanket.

"Too bad you have school!" Oh yeah I forgot, Rupert and Amir decided that I should go to actual school. Rather than the tutors I had been having since they adopted me.

I whine as he yanks the blankets off of me and I lay face first in my bed. I knew he was telling me something but I didn't feel like learning a valuable lesson right now, so I whined.

Eventually he got me out of bed, unfortunately, and I dragged my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"What?! You can take care of your hygiene like a big boy?!" I hear a voice feigning shock, I frowning look over and see my dad standing there with Elyina on his hip.

"You see that baby your big brother isn't going to burn his school down today!" He said teasingly  before he walked into the bathroom and kissed my head.

"Don't worry kid your papa is making your favorite for breakfast." He said walking out and I scrubbed my teeth faster so I could be done.

I ran into the living room and jumped into my seat at the table.

"Look at you! All dressed up in your school uniform!" Papa said as he gave me my plate, the school I was going to was public since rich kids are annoying. But I'm the heartland all schools have uniforms since Dad realized a problem with kids being forgotten on trips since they looked like everyone in the crowd.

I didn't mind because the uniform had shorts instead of pants. And shorts are the flosses things I can wear besides a skirt. But with a skirt everyone can see my butt if I climb something.

I smiled at the food on my plate, and ate it munching on my toast.

"Are you excited?!" Dad asked as he ate his food eyeing papa struggle to keep Elyina from spitting her food out.

"I guess." I said around my food. "You guess?" He questioned tilting his head slightly

"I don't know. I'm not very good at talking." I mumble looking down at my empty plate.

"That's not true you talk a lot." Dad comforted smiling softly. "Yeah to you guys...and animals. What if they're like the nobles kids. What if they make fun of me too?!" I Yelp now feeling nervous  about the day ahead of me.

"They aren't going to make fun of you, maybe they'll think you're cool." My dad smiled at me, and papa turned and looked at me and smiled. "Yeah they'll think you're the coolest because who just has a pet dragon around." He laughed rubbing my head.

I smiled and mumbled a thanks, as everyone finished eating both my dads were going to take me to school. Sure I wouldn't admit it because I'll like like a baby but I was glad because I'm a little scared.

Dad was holding Elyina and Papa was holding my hand and shaking me around making it harder to walk as I laughed.

"We're here!" My dad smiled and Elyina copied, not very well but it was decent for a 4 month old I guess.

I looked at the school and all my jitters came back, I looked up and my papa and clung to his hand.

He crouched down to me and ruffled my hair, "you're going to be fine." He smiled softly giving me a hug.