𝟐𝟔. 𝐄𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

Author

Ruhaan went and hide behind a wall. He was peeking out time to time. He saw Kabir was smiling brightly showing his teeth. He was talking to Sohana but his voice was not audible to Ruhaan.

Ruhaan tried to sneak and hide behind a wall which is closer to Kabir so that he could listen what he is talking with her.

Kabir smirked when he noticed the shadow of Ruhaan behind him.

He put the call in speaker to make Ruhaan jealous.

"Oh Sohana, I miss you so much yaar. I miss your giggles. I miss your pretty face with that pretty smile." Ruhaan eyes widened in shock and he felt his blood boiling after hearing Kabir.

"What the fuck? Why is he talking like this with her?" He mumbled to himself. His head snapped towards Kabir's direction when he heard a sweet giggle from the other side of the call.

His heart melted listening to her melodious laugh. It was after 2 years he felt relieved and peace by listening someone's sound of giggle and laughing. How much he wanted to see her right now.

He was smiling softly but-

"What bro? Keep thinking about her only. Don't forget that she is your doctor. Nothing more than that. Don't develop feelings for her."
His inner voice reminded him and he bobbled his head up and down in realisation.

"You know I also think about you sometimes. Your silly jokes specially." A frown covered Ruhaan's face when he listened to Sohana.

"She never said that she missed me." He murmured but soon his expression changed and he blinked.

"But why the hell I want her to miss me?" He rolled his eyes and concentrated on their conversation.

"Oh really Sohana??? You missed me. Then, let's meet somewhere." Kabir replied in a childish tone to make Ruhaan more jealous.

"This asshole. What the hell is he trying to do?" Ruhaan's fingers curled into a fist while he was shooting a dead glare to Kabir or his back.

"But where will we meet? And when?" Sohana asked from the other side.

"Umm, Sohana we should go for a friendly coffee date." Kabir said unknowingly adding more fuel to the burning fire which is unfortunately our poor Ruhaan.

"Friendly coffee date?" Sohana asked; confusion evident in her voice.

"Yes Sohana, in today's generation many good friends are going for a date. Then why shouldn't we go for a friendly date." Kabir suggested her while Sohana went silent for sometime.

"Ummm, ok then I will go with you." Sohana agreed.

Ruhaan's eyes widened listening to Sohana. There was an unknown ache in his heart. He felt like someone was snatching a very important thing from his life.

"Why the hell did she agreed to Kabir?" Ruhaan said and slammed his fist on the wall.

He was in shik shak shok.

"Bro, bro, bro, wait. You are getting jealous of your childhood bestfriend for a girl. Just for a girl who is nothing, only a doctor to you."
His inner voice again tried to make him realise.

But it was already late. Ruhaan was already boiling in anger. He was burning like a fire which would led to volcanic eruption if we tried to add more fuel.

"You just shut the fuck up! She is my friend also. Understand?" He replied to his frustrating inner voice.

"What are you doing here?" Ruhaan's eyes snapped towards the voice's direction.