𝟑𝟔. 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Author

Sohana was so shocked after seeing him. She never expected that they would meet again and that to be in Singapore. She was confused, a little bit angry and emotional after seeing him almost a year later.

Her eyes started to well up and she was not moving her gaze away from Ruhaan. She was lost in her thoughts but her chain of thoughts broke down when Ruhaan called her.

"Sohana" he whispered as a small smile formed on his face.

Sohana blinked her eyes a few times to hide her tears and looked at Ruhaan.

"What are you doing here, Ruhaan?" She asked, her brows furrowed.

"I came here to meet you." He said with a weak smile.

"To meet me? But why?" She asked getting more confused by his behaviour.

"I was missing you." He said without even realising.

"Wh---what?" Sohana started to stammer after hearing him.

Ruhaan wrapped his hand around Sohana's palm into a gentle hold and looked into her green orbs.

"I am really sorry for what I did Sohana." He said as tears again filled in her eyes.

"No Ruhaan, don't start this again. Please." She whispered. A lump was forming in her throat.

"I am not starting anything Sohana, I am really feeling sorry now. Also, when you confessed to me on the airport I didn't replied to you. I again hurted you that day. I am so sorry." He started with his uncountable apologizes which made Sohana frustrated.

She jerked his hand away and looked at him. Her eyes were red now in anger.

"What do you want huh? Why are you always hurting me? You came here to apologize me? Wow! Great!" She shouted on him as tears streamed down her cheeks.

People were looking at them and started to whisper about them. This thing didn't go unnoticed by Ruhaan and he held Sohana's hand again.

"Sohana see people are looking at us and talking with each other. Don't cry here, they will think wrong about us. Please let's go inside the park, we can talk there." He said trying to make her understand.

Sohana looked around her and understood the situation. She nodded and they both went to the nearby park.

They were now sitting on a bench from the past 20 minutes.

Ruhaan wasn't saying anything as he didn't wanted to upset her.
Sohana was now losing her temper and patience both. She turned her head to face him.

"What do you want Ruhaan? What were you saying to me at that time?" She asked him and he looked at her.

"Sohana, please try to understand me. I know what I did was wrong, very wrong actually. But now, I realised my mistake and now I am regretting it. Also-" he wasn't able to complete his sentence as Sohana got up from her seat and started to walk away.

Ruhaan followed her and held her wrist. He pulled her towards him and her chest collided with his.

"Jaane dijiye mujhe." She requested.
(Let me go)

"Chale jayiega par meri puri baat toh sun lijiye zara." He said joining their foreheads.
(You can go, but atleast listen to me first)

"Nahi sunni hai mujhe kuch bhi baat aapki." She replied, trying to get rid of his hold.
(I don't want to listen anything from you)

"Sunna toh padega aapko, Jaan." He whispered as Sohana's eyes widened listening to him.
(You will have to listen)