Chapter 10

P.O.V... King Lucien

After ending the call I couldn't hold it back any longer.

I shifted, crushing the phone in my hand and releasing a roar so great the windows shook threatening to shatter.

I flung my power out, opening every door as I ran throughout my palace. Servants hid behind doors and clung to the walls to desperately be out of my way. I heard Max shout my name as I ran past his office but I didn't give a shit. I needed air, I needed to kill something before I cave in and make the impulsive decision to run all the way to Alpha Kents pack right this moment...for her.

I could do that...no one would be able to stop me. 

I dig my claws into the ground propelling me faster into the vast forest, trees pass in a blur and I have my sights on a set of wild boar. By the time they sense me coming it's too late for them, their squeals only lasted a few seconds before my claws and teeth tore through them both.

I sniffed the shredded parts of the boar that laid scattered along the earth, eating what I wanted and left the rest. I can feel the blood dripping from my jaws like a true monster.

A monster, that's what I am. And in this moment it's taking every source of will power I can conjure not to take her from the only place she's known as home and bring her back here against her will. So I can make her mine in every form. The beast in me wants nothing more than to claim her. The man in me fights to do right by her, I can't force her.

And she... Florence... by the sound of it was already terrified of me. Not that I blame her, I know my reputation.  The last thing I want is for her to hate me. I have waited so long for her.

I let out another growl and make my way to a pond that's up ahead in the forest. I know every inch of these forests within my kingdom.

I've been around a long time, werewolves need to make eye contact in order for the mate bond to snap into place but Lycans are a far superior being. The bond snaps in place just by the sound of one's voice.

The moment I heard her voice, I knew. I knew exactly who she was. For the first time in centuries I froze, my entire body craved for her. I didn't know what to do, my brain was in a fog and her voice was the burning ember calling to my soul. I remember distinctly how quick my cock swelled at the sound of her voice. My mind, body and soul knew she was mine.

My Mate, My Queen.

An unwanted thought had every hair standing up along my beast form once I finished drinking from the pond. She is Alpha Kent's acting Luna which means his mark is upon her neck right now, upon my mates neck.

I straightened as my anger flared to an ungodly height. I have waited centuries for her, just for someone else's mark to grace her skin. Fuck no!... I released yet again another ground shaking roar into the sky.

"My king, is something wrong".... My general Terren speaks through mindlink

"Tell me, are there any prisoners to be executed?"

"Yes my king, two rogues."

"Perfect"

I change my course through the forest and head straight to the dungeons where I shall release my wrath once more.

Once the iron bar doors to my family mausoleum comes into view I slow my run to a walk. Both my Generals, twin brothers Cliff and Terren stand on either side of the doors waiting for me.

As I approach still in beast form they both bow simultaneously and mindlink... "Your Majesty"... as they are also in beast form. Besides their scent giving away who is who, their eye color is a dead give away between the brothers. Terren has dark grey eyes while Cliff has light blue.