Chapter 14

It's always so strange to see the world through her eyes but it's so entertaining. If only I could enjoy some popcorn while I watch the show from inside her mind.

Anaka is a mixture of chestnut brown and beige fur. But her paws are all white, as is her underbelly. My mother absolutely loves Anaka's fur coat, she even painted a portrait once for me to always keep in my room. As far as wolves go, Anaka is truly a beauty of her kind.

In no time she's sprinting here and there, sniffing every other tree for scents. Chasing small game, she killed two possums and a fox. She ran and ran for what felt like hours. She passed many patrol warriors, all bowing as she sprint by.

It wasn't until she was at the river getting a drink that something felt strange in the air. Anaka felt it too, because right away she was alert, sniffing the air and looking across the river to the other side where the forest continued.

However this particular river was the border of our pack. It was wide and always flowing, it was almost impossible to swim across, not that anyone would willingly. The other side of the river belongs to the Lycan King. So it was common for our warriors to spot Lycan scouts on the other side of this river.

What is it Anaka... I mindlink.

Something's coming... she responds calmly.

Lycan's ?... I ask

Anaka crouches low enough that if need be she could pounce in seconds, I feel her growling as if it came from my own throat, her teeth show in warning.

Holy. Shit.

Two huge beasts step out of the forest line and into the moonlight for us to see. They both stand tall on two thick muscular legs, black claws that shine in the moonlight... no, claws seem too gentle of a description. Those are like talons of death on both their feet and hands. The fur along their body isn't like that of a wolf, it's patchy in some areas. It doesn't take long to know why, their bodies are littered with scars. A true testament to whatever horrors they have been through.

The upper part of their body is just as scary as the lower half. The rumors were not exaggerated when it was said Lycan's were twice as big. Shelby's words come to mind and she wasn't lying... they are 'massive in every way'.

The amount of defined muscles along their bodies were insane. The moon goddesses intention for Lycan's was war, death and destruction. And she did not disappoint.

There is something truly terrifying about their faces. Not just the glowing eyes, but their mouth reminds me of a great white shark with rows of teeth. Their ears point to the sky just as rigid as their muscles.

Anaka doesn't move and I have no words to help comfort either of us.

Lycan's. These are the formidable Lycan's. The first of the Moon Goddesses creation on earth.

The Lycan with darker fur steps forward, dropping to all fours growling as it steps closer to the river. It's growl is deep and nothing like of a wolf, it's something out of a horror movie.

Anaka being the fearless she-wolf that she is, just snarls loudly in response.

Ummmm how about we don't piss off the scary Lycan's Anaka?... I whisper to her in panic.

Deep down I'm proud of her though. She's got some serious wolf balls.

The breeze blew through Anaka's fur as she continued an intense stare down with the two Lycan's. Suddenly Anaka's body went rigid, her heartbeat was going crazy inside her body, I could hear it, feel it.