2.Mystery Boy

I woke up to the sound of screaming. I looked around frantically trying to find the source of that monstrous voice. I relaxed, realising It was just my birth giver screaming at my step dad.

I lazily glanced at the old clock on my desk. 7:06 am. I sighed and picked up my backpack.I slowly walked down the stairs making sure to avoid my sister. I almost sighed in relief when I opened the front door and closed it quietly. I turned around and I could actually feel my face pale.

There stood my birth giver, Ms. royalty AND Mr. Oblivious. Perfect.

A cold wind blew, as we all just stood there. None of us moved a muscle and I figured it would be best if I broke the silence.

I cleared my throat and the birth giver spoke up. "Look who finally decided to wake up!"She said with fake enthusiasm. I stayed quiet. My step dad took this as a chance to speak up. "Its okay Amanda....Its just the weekend. Besides, she'll wake up early tomorrow, right Annabell?

I almost rolled my eyes. Of course he didn't remember. "Its Annabeth" I replied and walked towards the gate.
In the corner of my eye, I could see his eyes widen. "Right, Annabeth. Where are you going? You should eat something." He asked but I couldn't care less about breakfast ; at least not the one here.

"I'll get something on the way" I replied vaguely. As I was closing the gate, the birth giver called "We're having a dinner party tomorrow, make sure to come late tomorrow or better yet, don't even come!" She said as Ms. Royalty cackled like a witch.

I just hummed in response. I had better things to do anyways. I walked a few minutes in some unknown direction when I realised; I had no where to go to. I looked around and lucky me, I ended up on the creepy part of the neighborhood.

There was nothing creepy or scary about this place but the way it was always empty and looked deserted, gave me the chills. I shook all those thoughts away and walked forward. Since it was winter, There was still a bit of fog in the air.

As I was looking around, I bumped into something, or rather someone. I looked up to whatever I bumped into and my breath hitched.

There stood a boy who looked slightly older than me. His blonde hair swaying gently to the winter wind.
His beautiful blue eyes that looked dark yet gentle. He seemed so mysterious and it attracted me.

"You know staring is wrong, right?" He spoke up, making me look down in embarrassment. "I wasn't" I defended weakly. "Sure you weren't" He taunted.

Before I could reply, he walked past me. I was still frozen after he left. What the fuck was that about?? Why couldn't I talk properly? Was I that bad at human-ing? I really needed to work on my social skills.

But who really was this guy? Stupid me was so flustered I forgot to ask his name. I guess he is now Mystery Boy. Before I could curse myself any more, my stomach let out a growl signalling its hunger. I chuckled, remembering my life mantra;

Foods before dudes.

I opened my backpack to find some money. $13.50 was enough right? I walked to the nearest Mc Donalds and got myself a Big mac for $4.99. Breakfast was good. Now I had to decide if I wanted to go to the hell hole for lunch or just starve.

So basically, go to a proper home, serve everyone food, wait until everyone eats and eat the leftover which are quite nutritious and have a proper lunch. Or I could sit at the park awkwardly and wait until it was 6:00, go to my part time job, earn money and then directly eat dinner.

Option 2 it is.

Hey sponges! Sorry for the wait. Hope you liked this chapter. If you spot any mistakes, please make sure to Let me know in the comments. Also what do you think about Mystery Boy? The next chapter is going to be his POV.

Anyways, Byee Sponges!!