Chapter 9: Forest of death & battle with Snake Sanin

TRAINING GROUND 44

Anko arrived in front of the training ground 44 with a huge sadistic smirk on her face waiting for her victims to show up. To her surprise there were five kids right behind her and as she looked at them, she also noticed a pink haired girl also coming up to them although, she looks like she had run a marathon by the heavy panting she was doing.

Anko thought to herself as she stared at the two teams "Looks like these brats can keep up. Well let's see if they have what it takes to pass this phase." Actually interested in watching their performance especially the performance Son of Yondaime in the exams.

Meanwhile the other teams started to show up at the training ground 44 and began to look at the forest in front of them, needless to say it gave them a very uncomfortable and ominous feeling.

Naruto held a calm expression and got a very dark forbidding feeling looking at the forest in front of him. He had heard about this training ground 44 or 'The forest of death' from his sensei. He told them that this forest is filled with various creatures that were responsible for the death of those who went inside of this forest. He also told them to be careful when entering this forest. "Looks like you were right, Sensei. This forest does give off a threatening aura." He thought to himself. Naruto then looked to his left side to see both Ryūga and Kimimaro remaining calm and staring at the forest ready and looked to his right side and saw that Sasuke looked determined, Sai remained calm and Sakura held a nervous expression as she kept glancing back and forth between her team and the forest of death.

Naruto then looked at the other participants and began to look at their reactions and also measured them up to see who will be a challenge, while on one hand some were nervous, but on the other there were some who were just excited for the test or determined to get through this phase of the Chūnin Exams. He was looking at the candidates, he noticed a Kunoichi from kusa who he felt was giving off a huge amount of killing while smiling, at that he narrowed his eyes. "She is giving off a huge amount of killing intent although it is barely noticeable if not at all and she is hiding it well."  Naruto thought and looked at her trying to get a read on her chakra and once he did he immediately noticed her staring at Sasuke and smiling excitedly as well the chakra which was similar to the Anko. Just to confirm his suspicion he asked his furball friend.

"Kurama did you get the feel of that chakra?" Naruto asked his partner while keeping his calm and not to arouse suspicion from Orochimaru.

Kurama grunted "Yes, I can feel that kit. There's no doubt about it."  He said looking through Naruto's eyes at the Kusa nin.

"So Orochimaru of the sanin is here, huh." He said to himself and immediately realised that he is here for the sharingan from sasuke as when he and his friends were going through one of his bases, they found out that he is interested in the sharingan, also the disgusting way he would be able to get it. Naruto then looked at his teammates and Sasuke and Sai and motioned for them to get behind some of the participants so they could have a chat.

All five of them nodded and without anyone noticing Naruto created a silence barrier that would block any words from the inside getting heard by others outside and prevent anyone from getting a read on their lips to make out what they were talking about.

Sasuke then asked "What happened, Naruto?"

Naruto answered "We are in for a very big trouble, that's what happened."

After saying that all four of them looked at Naruto with raised eyebrows  wondering what got Naruto to tense up all of sudden.

"What do you mean Naruto-sama?" Kimimaro asked as curious as the others.