✰. 2

Blue Over You

He could remember all the times you were by his side. Albeit, sometimes forced by him when you didn't want to, but it was all worth it in the end. You enjoyed the moments as well. Many wonderful moments that repeated in his head everyday every single time he looked at you. Now, just the thought of you became sad. It was like you weren't there for him, with him. The fact is, you were there.

Ever since they became friends, the only thing he could ever think about was how you guys would last forever. Forever as friends. Forever as... lovers? No, he didn't, he wouldn't, he couldn't. He did not want to mess up the friendship. He would not dare put you in an uncomfortable situation. He could not- he cannot lose you.

Just the mere thought of him seeing you with someone other than him just irked him. Yet, that's what he saw. He saw you date boys around his age back in the high school days. Sad to say not many of them lasted long. Throughout all these relationships, the only thing he wanted to do was shake you by the shoulders and yell at you to stop being with these men. Couldn't you see? He was there for you everyday and so were you. Although, not always physically there as you lived in America, but occasionally you would visit his lovely home.

Now, Alex is at a party celebrating the release of his new album. Of course, he invited his closest friends and number one on the guest list would be you. He was glad you showed up. You always show up, even to the little miniscule things that happen in his life. That's what he loved- liked... about you. Always so caring, lovely... beautiful. Even on days when you felt like absolute shit, he was always there to make you feel better and you couldn't have asked for a better friend. Friend...

Anyways, as the party went on, he couldn't help himself to just keep looking at you from a distance. He wanted to talk to you, but you were with your... boyfriend. This was Alex's party, your attention should be on him, not the loser of your partner. He watched with burning eyes how you would laugh and smile at whatever he was saying. He turned away from the scene and took a swig of beer with an aching heart.

A little while later, while he was talking with his band mates, he felt a tug on his shoulder. He turned his head back to see who it was and found you. You took your hand off his shoulder once he turned around. Finally, your attention was on him. "[Y/N], what's up, something wrong?"

You shook your head with a small smile, "No, nothings wrong Alex. I feel like I never actually congratulated you for your hard work."

"No, you did... many times," Alex chuckled when he remembered how you screamed in surprise over the phone and how you congratulated him. Your screaming was so loud, not going to lie, it kind of broke the sound barrier on the call.

You scratched your head in embarrassment when you remembered your behavior in the call. "Right, sorry but you really do deserve it! You worked so hard to be where you are today," you nudged your elbow against his.

Throughout his years of being friends with [Y/n], he never really got used to her compliments. He kept her words in mind and took a swig from the bottle in his hands. "You're too kind [Y/N]. Also, where's your man, did he leave you alone?"

"Oh, he went out for a smoke," You shrugged. "If you don't mind, can I stay with you in the meantime?~"

His heart skipped a beat at her tone and nodded, "You know you don't have to ask right? Or even ask at all. I'd be more than happy to have you stay with me." He put his arm around your shoulder and ruffled your hair.

You swatted his hand away and subconsciously leaned closer to him. Your boyfriend wouldn't get mad at the sight. He knew how close you were with Alex. Moments like these made Alex wish he never met you. If he knew what the outcome would be, why would he try? Yet, you were one of the main reasons for his happiness and he doesn't care if you being happy, meant for him to be sad.