✰. 3

City of Stars

After a long day of working at the studio, Alex was invited by [Y/N] to hang at her house until he felt like leaving. Obviously, Alex being the gentleman he is, he bought her a bouquet of blue and white carnations. She accepted them gladly and placed them in a clear vase with water. She pulled him to her room which just led them to talk about various things. Alex suddenly paused her yapping.

"... I have another gift for you." He spoke as he stood up made his out to the door, "I left it in my car. I'll be back."

She watched as he left and wondered what the other gift was. Lots of ideas came to mind but she was sure she wasn't getting any of them. Less than two minutes later, he entered her room and set again, had his arm behind his back.

She raised her brow, "What's behind your back?'

He acted dumb, "No clue; close your eyes and guess."

[Y/N] squinted her eyes at him and did as told. "Is it chocolate?"

"Nope. Guess again," she heard his footsteps get closer to her bed.

"Uh... more flowers?"

"No."

She felt the bed sink next to her, "...a microphone?"

He laughed at her joke, "Wrong again, but that gave me an idea."

She smiled, "Hm... fruit?"

"Nope."

Her smiled faded at her wrong answer, "I don't know Alex! Help me out yeah?"

"I'll give you a hint, you can't eat it."

Damn, she thought. "A little ornament for decoration?"

"....close."

"A... calendar?..."

He started laughing again at the random answers, "No ma'am."

[Y/N] grew frustrated, "Well then just tell me! It's obvious I don't know what you got!"

Alex slowly seized his laughing, "Extend your hands."

She slowly took her hands in front of her. "I'm scared. Should I be scared?"

"No, you shouldn't be scared. I'm going to put a little bit of it on your hand." He dropped the edge of the gift in her hands.

She flinched a little at feeling and gained the courage to touch it. "It's... cloth?"

"No, not really," he gently placed the fabric in her hands. "Open your eyes."

When she opened her eyes she was meet with a small painting of Starry Night. The canvas cloth was missing the frame but the artwork was replicated the same as the original.

"Alex, this is... beautiful. How did you get this?" [Y/N] admired the artwork and glanced up at him.

"I know people," he smiled at her reaction.

She rolled her eyes at his answer, "Okay Mr. I'm a mysterious person."

"I also brought this," he showed her a picture frame and took off the back. She placed the cloth in the frame. He closed it back up and showed her.

He tilted at frame at an angle so he could see the masterpiece as well, "Now you can hang it up. The frame is glass so be careful."

She took the frame from his hands and set it on her desk. "I will hang it up later. Maybe tomorrow. Thank you for both gifts Alex, I liked them a lot."