✰. 12

¡Birthday Suprise!

It was another day at school and the students were making their way to their homeroom. Homeroom was just a class for students to hear announcements from the school and/or get work done. Most students just used the class as a socialization period and didn't do any work. A prime example was you. You had homeroom with one of your best friends and you would waste the entire period talking and laughing with her.

To set the scene, you were walking one of your friends halfway to their homeroom. You left halfway since the warning bell rang and you would be late, but you had the kindest teacher so she wouldn't mark you tardy.

Your friend was sat in the back of the class and they were already talking to another girl in the glass who wanted to know what work they had to do for the next class. She just had to wait a little bit more. The closest table to the door seat the four boys you were well acquainted with. Alex, Matt, Nick, and Jamie.

"Alex, could you close the door for me please?" Ms Leitner asked as she was occupied with grading work from her previous classes. The bell hadn't even rung yet; you had like one minute to get to class.

Alex got up from his seat and kicked the door stop up. He let the door slowly close as he went back to his seat and went back to talk to his friends. Ms Leitner stood up and looked over the room to see the students talking to each other. She took mental attendance and noticed one was missing.

"[Y/N] isn't here. Did the bell ring?" She looked at the clock in the middle of the room and saw there were only a couple of seconds left before the bell could ring. Just before she could go to her door and look outside and check the halls, knocks could be heard from her door.

Alex got up again and open the door and found you. "Sorry for closing the door on you," he was a little flustered.

You only smiled at him and walked into the classroom to sit with your friends.

"I knew someone was missing," Ms Leitner came up to your table and gave you a note and rubber bracelet that the school gives out when it is close to someone's birthday. She made her way to the class and announced some school events that were happening, but other than that, as usual it was a study hall.

You turned your body to face your friend. Everyone could tell that the class was going to get loud in a few minutes.

"Bro," you opened your backpack and took out an apple to eat, "you won't guess what happened."

Your friend, Gissi, gave you a side glance and fought back her smile, "Was it the girl that fell down the stairs."

"Yes!" You smacked the table and fought back your laugh.

Gissi didn't care though she threw her head back and started to laugh. Her face turned red and smacked the table along with you.

"Gissi, I went up the corner D building stairs and I saw an officer and a counselor bring a wheelchair at the foot of the stairs," you controlled your breathing and continued. "I walked to where there's the middle platform before the other set of stairs and I saw the girl get up with the help of a supervisor! We're going to helllllll!"

You both took a breather and started talking about other stuff. Ms Leitner never really cared about the loud laughs. In fact, it was the best part of her day and she felt happy knowing that her class could hold such positive energy. The other students in class didn't mind as well. Another set of laughs could be heard and Alex and his friends turned their heads toward you and your friend.

"I really wanna know what they're talking about," Nick watches as you lay your head on the table to cover your laughter.

You let out a small chuckles and Alex looked away from you. His friends noticed and whispered to him.