✰. 13

bruh

You anxiously tapped your pen on the table as you waited for the teacher to pass out the test. Across the room, you watched Matt, Jamie, Nick, and Alex, who exhibited even more anxiety than you. Alex sat in the front row, with Nick a couple of seats to his right. Matt sat somewhere in the very back, and Jamie sat a row behind you to the left. You were unconcerned about the test results because regardless of whether you studied or not, you consistently received a grade of eighty percent or above.

The chemistry teacher went around to the separate tables and placed the test facedown so no one would get a head start. The teacher headed behind his desk and sat down. "You guys can start," he said.

Immediately, everyone turned their papers over and wrote their names at the top of the page. You examined the questions and saw that they weren't difficult. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Alex angle his head slightly to look at you. You already knew it was a look of despair, since he had not studied before hand.

You solved the questions with little to no problems and occasionally looked up to see how Alex was doing. Not good. He had his hand in his hair and looked like he was done with life.

You finished the problems and double-checked every answer before turning it in. You looked up one more time at Alex, and he turned back at the same time. He turned his head back and put his hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing. You looked down at your page and fought back a laugh. This is exactly what he told you not to do.

͙͘͡★

"Are you ready for the thing for chem tomorrow?" Alex asked as he sat down next to you at lunch.

"Thing? What thing?...the quiz-test thing?"

He nodded, "Yes, that."

You shrugged and folded the napkin that came with your food, "I think so. I usually get good marks either way, even if I don't study. So if you fail, that's on you."

He rolled his eyes in annoyance. "...I think I'm going to fail. Not even kidding. Don't look at me because I will start laughing."

"For what?" You looked at him strangely, "For failing?"

"Yes," he ran his hands down his face, "Just don't look at me."

"Alright...if you say so."

͙͘͡★

You and he looked at each other again at the same time. A small laugh erupted from your mouth, and you slapped your hand over your mouth and looked down in embarrassment.

"Is something funny, [Y/N]?" The teacher stood from his desk and walked over to you.

You shook your head, and yet another laugh came from your mouth. You knew you were finished. He was going to take your test away, and you would have to retake it if he was kind enough.

He took your test, looked at the answers, and found nothing odd. "Shame, would have been an eighty-nine percent." He crumpled up the test and threw it in the trash.

You watched in surprise and with an open mouth as he did that to your test. You put your head down on your desk and tried not to cry. You heard a laugh most likely coming from Alex. You peeked your eye at him and saw his face slowly turn red from trying not to laugh.

The teacher did the same and looked at his paper. "It would be in your best interest to let me throw this test away." He crumpled the paper and threw it in the bin. Ouch. At least you knew who was passing.

Alex put his pencil down on his desk and waited, just like you, for the others to finish. It didn't take longer than twenty minutes for the entire class to finish. There were five minutes left to spare, and the teacher called you from his desk. "Talk to me after class," he said.

You nodded and waited for the bell to ring. After what seemed like an eternity, the students went out of the class. Alex, Jamie, Matt, and Nick walked out as a group while you stayed behind to talk to the teacher.

"Why were you laughing?" He asked as he clicked on his computer.

"Alex made me laugh," Were you ratting him out? Yes. You would have had a good score.

"Right... listen. You're not in trouble. I'll input the grade you got before I threw it away. You're not going to retake it," he turned his computer to the side to show you the inputted grade.

You nodded, "What about Alex?"

"He's retaking it. He has a week to study." The teacher said as he graded papers and put them in the computer. "Tell him that please?"

You nodded and went towards the door. Before you could leave, the teacher had one last message, "Just don't do it again okay?"

You gave a thumbs up and walked out the class. The school was already empty. The only people that could be seen were the janitors and small friend groups that stayed behind. You took your phone out and called Alex as you walked down the stairs.

"[Y/N], I'm so sorry-"

"Listen, the teach said he's going to let you retake the test and you have one week to study." You interrupted him. Were you mad? A little.

His friends could be heard in the background, "Okay...thanks also-"

"You're sorry, I know," you interrupted again. "It's fine, he still gave me what I earned."

Alex was speechless on the line, "Oh...thats good!"

You smiled a bit and exited through the gates of school and found your mom waiting for you, "Mhm, I'll talk to you later. Maybe, I don't know. Bye!"

"Oh okay, Bye!-"

You put your phone in your pocket and entered the passenger seat. Your mom asked you about school and you responded with basic answers: good, nice, boring. You left out where you thought you were going because she doesn't need to know that. What you did tell her was how cooked Alex was.

She sighed and shook her head and she drove out of the school parking lot, "Poor kid, you can teach him right?"

What. "...no."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.
。・゚゚・   ・゚゚・。

Note: I think I cooked on the Spanish Lang exam. Anyways, exams are over.