✰. 11

Here With Me

The sun was setting, and the beach was mostly empty this late into the afternoon. A gentle breeze carried the scent of fresh saltwater across the beach, as the couple sat in silence and watched the sun drop lower into the horizon. The sand had a warm feeling to it and the gentle lull of the waves lapping against the shore made the moment one of tranquility and peace between the lovers. The sound of birds singing their songs only enhanced the moment.

Despite the oceans beauty, Alex couldn't help but look at the one he loved that was sitting beside him on the sand. Through his gaze, one can see a deep sense of love and admiration.

"What are you looking at?" You asked with a smile and a fit of chuckles.

He would do everything in his power to keep you smiling everyday. Your golden smile was his source of happiness. He shook his head and smiled, "You. You're so pretty."

He brought you closer to him as you shook your head. He knew you wouldn't take his compliments, but you needed to know. He wouldn't lie about something that is the truth.

Another breeze flew above the sand. A little chilly this time. You peered out into the ocean and saw something other than the waves forming in the water. Your eyes soon had stars in them as you slowly stood up to get a better view. Alex noticed and held your hand as he stood up.

"What are you looking at?" Ha, he used your words.

You had a big smile on your face and pulled him with you as you ran to the pier not taking your eyes off of what was in the water. You both made it to the end of the pier and you scouted the water and found what you were looking for.

"Look!" You pointed a little ways away from pier, "It's a pod of dolphins! Alex look!"

He brought his eyes to where your finger was pointing and sure enough, a whole family of dolphins was swimming near the top of the water. Their fins could be seen protruding the layer of water and occasionally jump out of the big ocean.

You held onto his arm and enjoyed the scenery with him. The sky now turned into a baby purple mixed with blue. Hints of yellow from the Sun's rays reflected off the the water and painted the many beach houses that lined the street. The light kissed your skin which only enhanced the your beauty. Your eyes became illuminated and every color and speck in your eyes could be seen. So many words wanted to come out of Alex's mouth, yet nothing was said. He could only look at you.

You noticed this again and became slightly worried that something was wrong, "Is everything alright?"

He pulled you into his arms and held you close. He wanted you to know how devoted he was for you. His love for you only grew at that moment and he would promise to himself again that he would keep you happy and by his side. He nodded, "Yes. Everything is more than alright."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.
。・゚゚・   ・゚゚・。

Note: Kinda short story, sorry about that. I'll maybe edit it later and add more.