Ch. 5: Durability

Back outside of the colony, Uzi was sitting on the edge of a smaller building with a frown on her face.

'Stupid ass flying lessons.' She thought.

"Oh, can I push her off this time!?" V asked as she and N stood behind Uzi.

"Don't even think about it!" Uzi said.

"Come on, V. Don't make her feel worse." N said as he walked up to Uzi. "So you had a rough day learning to fly. It's okay, there's always tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? N, I would rather spend tomorrow building a flying motorcycle than fly with these damn wings again." Uzi said to him.

"Oh, come on, give them a chance. As cool as a flying motorcycle sounds, wings are great once you get to know how they work." N said.

"Work? You just flap them until you get off the ground?! How can I NOT understand something as simple as that and STILL fail at it?!" Uzi shouted, looking at him.

Her voice AND face full of sarcasm.

"You aren't originally programmed to understand it." N said, "We have to teach you the hard way."

"Fuck that! I'd rather do this the easy way and build my shit! I did the same with my railgun and I'll do the same with this!" Uzi said as she stood up and turned around.

"I can't let you do that, Uzi." N said, standing in front of her.

"Why not?!" Uzi asked.

"Because that railgun nearly killed you!" N shouted.

"Correction! That bitch, J, nearly killed me! That gun saved me from her AND you until your head was fixed!" Uzi said, jabbing her finger in his chest.

"I'm still not letting you do it! Who knows what could go wrong if you use something similar to what you used to power that gun!" N shouted at her, shaking his head. "V, back me up!"

"Nah, I'm good." V said.

"I am getting off this building and I am going to scrounge for parts! And you are not going to stop me, N! Now move it!" Uzi ordered him.

N did the exact opposite. Without a word, N picked her up and threw her off the building.

"NNNNNNNNN!" Uzi screamed.

"It's for your own good!" N said as V stared at him. "Don't judge me, V. You know I'm right."

"...I think I'm in love with you." V blurted out.

And... that made him go stiff... and forget to go catch Uzi as she landed on the ground with a thud. FACE first. She stood up with a groan and brushed the snow off of her.

"This is stupid." Uzi said, before catching her tail before it could accidentally stab her, "Can this day get any worse?"

A rumbling was heard, making Uzi flinch a bit as she turned around to the building.

'Oh god, please no.' Uzi thought, praying that the building wasn't about to randomly giving out and crumble.

She had hope... which clearly didn't do much.

The ground shook again as the building was slowly cracking, making N and V stumble before they quickly flew off!

"Goddamnit, N!" Uzi shouted as she took off running as fast as she could.

The building fell to the ground, and the drones just looked on as Uzi was caught in the crossfire.

"UZI!" N screamed in worry.

A few seconds later, when the rumbling settled and a cloud of rubble mixed with snow over the area, Uzi just walked out of it nearly unscathed.

"Well, nice to know that I'm more durable." Uzi said, rolling her shoulder.

Perhaps being a murder drone now wasn't going to be all bad.

'I can't fly and I need to drink oil but I can make weapons from my hands and I'm tough as shit.' Uzi thought before she was tackled by a flying N!

"Oh sweet merciful cyber god, I am so glad you're okay!" N screamed.

"Yeah... good to see you too, N... please let me go." Uzi said, groaning from the tight hug.

"Not yet!" N shouted, hugging her tighter.

"Hehehehehe, this is hilarious but I kind of wish you died." V comments from behind.

"Can you do anything besides be a bitch?" Uzi asked.

"Hey, I would say that's the nicest thing I've said to you." V said

Uzi glared at V before N finally let her go, patting some debris dust off her body.

"If you'll excuse me, I am going to head to build a hovercraft." Uzi said, walking past V as N followed.

N was sure she'll learn to fly eventually. But until then, he'd stay close just in case. What's the worse that could happen from that?