Ch. 9: Dance Dance Mayhem Part 2

Later that night, Uzi was pacing back and forth.

"Okay, think. Just think. You can do this, you can get through this night without running into your dad who thinks you're dead." Uzi said to herself.

Thankfully, she was... mostly hidden. Her wings were tucked away and her tail was retracted, didn't know she could do that, so now she looked... somewhat... like a worker drone.

Thought her arms/wrists were wider, her legs were different, and she was more..."curvy" than she was before thanks to being turned into a murder drone.

"Okay! I'm back with our clothes and I gotta say, they are amazing!" N shouted, walking into the pod and carrying three frozen skeletons in fancy clothes.

"Wow, they do look good. Humans sure were fashionable." V said, seeing the clothes.

"Right? And look! The cold helped preserve the fabric, so no wrinkles!" N said as he put the frozen skeletons down. "Uzi, come down and pick a dress!"

Uzi was so in her own head that she didn't hear him.

"Hello? U!" V shouted but not even that got Uzi's attention. "Ugh! What an air head!"

V walked over to Uzi and blocked her path, making the pacing drone bump into her.

"Huh? What?" Uzi let out, looking at V..

"You're putting a hole in the floor with your constant pacing, what's going on with you?" V asked.

"What? Nothing, I'm fine." Uzi said before V flicked her forehead. "Ow!"

"You're a terrible, liar. And I'm basically your senior officer/big sister now, so tell me what's wrong." V said.

"You are NOT my superior officer and I do NOT belong to JC Jenson!" Uzi argued, pointing to herself.

"Technically..." N said with his finger up.

"YOU GET WHAT I MEAN, N!" Uzi shouted, pointing at him.

"What I get is that something is on your motherboard, and it's clearly bothering you." V said, pointing to her head.

"No, it's you bothering me!" Uzi said to V. "Why do you suddenly care about me anyway?"

"Duh! Cuz I've grown to like you, little sis." V said before pulling Uzi into a hug. "And as the internet states, sisters comfort each other in moments of distress. So come on, tell your sister what's on your mind."

Uzi growled as she tried to pull away from V but her grip was too strong. It was even more annoying/embarrassing as V was humming and rocking them back and forth.

"N, get her off me!" Uzi

"I'm sorry but this is too precious! I can't ruin it!" N said with a coo before taking picture with his eyes. "Click."

"N!" Uzi shouted as V rubbed her head.

"This all ends when you just tell me your problems." V said.

"NO!" Uzi shouted.

"Yes. Come on, what on your mind, baby sis?" V asked in a cute voice.

"I'm dead, okay?!" Uzi yelled, startling N and V! "Several people watched me die, and now I'm just supposed to walk into that place and not feel like panicking?! W-What will people think?! What will DAD think?! What if I become even more of an outcast than I originally was?!"

"I mean, maybe a disguise could help? So they don't know it's you?" V joked until she saw how upset Uzi was.

Her body was trembling, her hands gripped her skirt, and her face screen was actually shedding digital tears to show how stressed she was over this.

This was not a time for jokes, this was a time for serious comfort as V softly rubbed her head.

"Hey, hey, it's gonna be alright. I promise. If anyone tries to give you shit, I'll just stab them." V said.

"That's doesn't help, you bitch." Uzi said as she "sobbed."

"I know but it surprisingly helpful to destress. Trust me." V said as she pulled away from Uzi. "And if you want, we can leave anytime. I promise, for real."

"Promise?" Uzi asked, "drying" her tears.

"Cross my core and hop to overheat." V said with her hand up. "Now come on, you need to get ready."

"What?" Uzi asked.

"Look at the time." V said before blinking, turning her eye screen into a clock.

It flashed 5:37 pm.

'I've been pacing for 2 and a half hours?!' Uzi thought in shock.

"Judging by your face, you realize how long you've been pacing. Here, go get ready." V said, gesturing to N.

The male murder drone came over with a dress he stripped from a skeleton, offering to Uzi.

"Your dress, milady." N said, giving the dress to Uzi. "Fresh, crisp, and in dark purple. Your favorite color."

Uzi chuckled a bit as she gave a small smile.

'I guess I'm doing this. And I oddly feel excited about it.' Uzi thought as she took the dress.

She went to pod for some privacy to get ready as the other murder drones watched her leave.

"That was real nice of you, V." N said to her. "I'm shocked.

"What? I can be nice, I just don't do it often." V said, playing it cool.

"Yeah, I always assumed, but still, you're really accepting Uzi as one of us and I think she's accepting you too as a sister." N said.

V felt a tingle in her circuitry, thinking of Uzi actually calling her sister and finding it as something that she would love to hear.

"Yeah, I um, guess that'd be cool." V said, dragging her around the floor a bit. "I mean, if she finds comfort in me, then cool! I can be a sister."

"You're getting attached to her." N said, grinning cheekily.

"so have you!" V retorted.

"I know but you've really grown to like her." N said as he brought V her black dress. "I'd say you've completely forgotten about J and like Uzi much more."

"You're insufferable right now." V said, snatching the dress.

"But you're not denying it!" N said with finger guns. "Gotcha!"

V's tail slapped N across the face as she went off to change.

'Maybe I am growing attached to Uzi, so what? It's entertaining having her around.' V thought with a tiny grin before frowning. 'Though, she might hate me for what's going to happen at the dance. But in the long run, it'll be worth it.'

But worth it for who?

For Uzi or for V?