Ch. 7: Drink Up

Uzi hung upside down from her tail, trying to clear her head.

It had been a few days since Thad came to the nest and brung her railgun. Over that time, Uzi had been thinking about her hovercraft and the possibility of assimilating her railgun into her body.

And... thinking of her dad.

'I hope he just tells them I'm alive, not that I'm... this.' Uzi thought, looking at her hands.

She slowly changing them to bladed claws, seeing them gleamed in the moonlight. She saw her old self in the reflection before shutting her eyes, free falling down from her perch before she landed on her feet/nubs. She looked up at the moon and sighed, feeling the need to eat arise.

'Whatever god is up there, please forgive me.' Uzi thought before walking towards the colony.

To look for some dead drones with some old oil in them or to...hunt for anyone unlucky enough to be outside the doors at this time.

She didn't know what she would do if the latter was the case but she hoped it wouldn't be. Even if it was either that or overheat and die AGAIN.

"God, maybe I was better off dead." Uzi muttered, slowly moving into a run so she could her this over with.

-10 minutes later-

She felt like she was running forever. Mainly because she was dreading "hunting" her former kind but she had no choice.

'Where is someone?! I want to get this over with!' Uzi thought, seeing the colony in sight.

Fortunately/unfortunately, no one was out and there weren't any robotic corpses for her to try and drain of any stale oil.

"Shit. This is both good and bad." Uzi said before her stomach felt warmer, making her groan. "Guess I'll have to check other places."

Looking around, Uzi saw some places outside of the colony that could have oil. Like one of them being an automotive shop, they usually have various oil of motor oil.

'Perfect.' Uzi thought as she went to the door, which was locked.

So to get in, she used her blades to cut the door to pieces.

"Once again, swish army hands rule." Uzi said before she walked inside, making a flashlight next to see better. "Now let's see if they have oil. Even expired would help."

She spent a bit looking through all of the shelves before finding a single can. An old, large can of oil. Possibly expired and cold but right now, Uzi didn't give a shit.

"Finally!" Uzi said, grabbing the can and using her tail to poke a hole in it.

She chugged the oil as if it was the drink on Copper-9, which was kind of ironic since it possibly was the lady can outside of the colony but Uzi would search other places in the ruined city for oil later.

"Aaaaah, that hits the spot." Uzi said, licking her lips.

She crushed the can and tossed it away before looking at beyond a cash register desk, right at a door that lead to a possible back room.

'Maybe there's some more in the ba-' Uzi's train of thought was interrupted by a shivering feeling she got.

Like some of was watching her, putting her on edge as Uzi spun around to see and shine her flashlight.

Only to see nobody else was inside of the shop, but she could've sworn she saw a flash of orange light. Brief but not completely unnoticeable.

'What was that? I know I felt SOMETHING was watching me.' She thought before she decided it was time to get back to the corpse spire.

She had enough oil in her body to ward off overheating for now, she could come back to search the shop and any other buildings later.

She didn't want to know what that thing she saw was, at least not right now.

"Better get the hell out of dodge." Uzi said to herself but as she couldn't shake this feeling.

A feeling that told her this wasn't the last time she would see that flash or IT would see her.

'Hmmm, interesting.' The "flash" thought, sitting on top of the automobile shop and watching Uzi ran back to the spire.

Things would only get more complicated from here.