Ch. 6: Blow It Up

Uzi made it back to the corpse spire, clearly annoyed by how today went in just four easy steps.

1. Trying to fly.

2. Always failing.

3. Landing face first on the ground.

4. Having a fucking BUILDING fall on her!

"If today can get any worse... then I know that someone has it out for me." Uzi muttered bitterly.

She suddenly heard a noise and went into "Kill" mode. Her hands were replaced with blade, and she turned and put one of them at the throat of whoever snuck behind her.

"Thad!?" Uzi said in shock.

"U-Uzi?!" Thad said in shock, nearly dropping the railgun he was clutching.

"What are you doing here?!" Uzi said, retracting her blade before looking at his hands. "And why do you have my railgun?!"

"Why do you have wings!?" Thad asked, pointing at her wings.

"I asked you first!" Uzi said.

"Seriously?!" Thad asked.

"Seriously." Uzi said, crossing her arms before noticing N and V enter the nest. "And you better explain fast."

"I was looking for you, I... wanted to make sure you were alive." Thad said, before bringing up the railgun. "I have this thing in case I ran into trouble."

"Really? You came...to rescue me? Even if I would be dead?" Uzi asked, touched by this.

"I mean, yeah. Why not? You risked your life for us, why not do the same?" Thad asked with a smile. "Plus, you did make this sick weapon."

"Well, I am a good a building things." Uzi said, blushing from the praise.

"I know but can you answer my question now?" Thad said before gesturing to all of Uzi. "HOW ARE YOU A MURDER DRONE NOW?!"

"Murder drones? That's what you call us?" V asked, scaring Thad as he turned and pointed the railgun at her. "I think I like it."

"V, drop it." Uzi said.

"Please just answer my question, Uzi." Thad said, charging up the railgun before Uzi took it.

"No shooting, one of them is friendly. As for how I became...this...they sort of did it to save my life." Uzi said, gesturing to herself. "And I had NO say in it."

"You're welcome by the way! I saved your life, made you stronger, and gave you badass weapons!" V said to her.

"You also made me hungry for oil!" Uzi shouted at her. "And I can't fly for shit!"

"That's a "you" problem, Designation U." V said, joking.

Uzi lifted her right arm, switching to gun mode.

"What have I said about calling me that?!" Uzi shouted.

"What? That's technically what you are now. Disassembly Drone Designation U." V said, shrugging.

"My name is UZI! That will never change!" Uzi said as she held up her railgun. "Or do you want to be blown up like J was?!"

"Need I remind you that you ALSO blew up?" V asked.

"GRRRRR!" Uzi growled, her eye screen becoming an X for a moment.

"Uzi, V, please." N said, getting between them. "Enough."

V rolled her eyes as she held her hands up while Uzi slowly put her arm down, putting the gun away.

"Whatever! Anyway, I've been here since I'm basically dead to everyone else and I want to learn to control this new body of mine. I just got used to walking with these feet numbs." Uzi said to Thad, pointing to her feet.

"Okay but what about your dad? Aren't you worried about him?" Thad asked.

"....As long as he's alive, that's fine." Uzi said, looking away to not show her sadness.

"As noble as that sounds, at the rate he's going he won't be." Thad said, getting her attention. "He's basically shut himself off from the rest of the colony."

"He has? Oh no, I guess us taking you had a worse effect. Sorry about that." N said to Uzi.

"He'll get over it, the big metal baby." V said, rolling her eyes before pointing at Thad. "No doubt "sporty" here is gonna tell him the good news when he goes back."

"Yeah, great fucking news, I'm our worst fear and I need to survive by drinking oil." Uzi said.

"Even so, it's still good to see your alive, Uzi. As for your dad, I MAY not tell him just yet. He probably just needs time to grief or something." Thad said, scratching his head. "Anyway, since you're sort of okay, I'm gonna head back to the colony. Oh, you can keep your railgun by the way and absorb it into your body or something?"

"That's not a thing, Thad. I can't just absorb a-" Uzi stopped as she looked at her railgun and at her left hand. "Can I just assimilate this?"

N just shrugged.

"Don't know, we never tried something like that before." He said.

"Well... I'm going to look into that later." Uzi said, putting her railgun on her back.

"Just don't blow yourself up again, okay?" V joked.

Instead of words, Uzi flicked her tail out and slapped V across the face without stinging her.

Unfortunately.

"I'm going to get started on my hovercraft." Uzi said as she walked away from them.

"Aw, she didn't stab me. I think I'm growing on her." V said to N, who just gave an uneasy thumbs up.

"Right...So! I think I'll head back." Thad said before looking at N. "Keep looking out for Uzi, okay?"

"Of course, bro." N said, being "cool" as he held out his fist. "Blow it up?"

"All the way to the moon." Thad said, bumping his fist with N's.

V just rolled her eyes.

"You two are dorks." She said as Thad took his leave.

"Haters gonna hate." Thad said, giving her a finger gun as he left.

"Again. Dorks." V said.