EPISODE - 2

"Ma'am." Someone with a voice that was dim low and unconfident spoke in between interfering with the conversation between the two of us, me and this bitch, stuck under the shade in between. I was alarmed who did dare to speak in between of bitchy Miss Lawrence when the fact was nobody could wish to draw themselves into any trouble even by looking into her eyes, eye with eye, and feeling the shade of ugliness behind her eyes. Surprised I was inside and that was terribly when both, Aaron and I,, turned around to look who dared to come in between this fidget spinner of our school life. And you know, you know what? It was 'Lix.'

I mean I just can't believe a man how did this guy, this prick come up with the courage to speak in here when no one can expect him to? Because you see every time such boring and shitty situations of detentions arose in our classroom for the sake of its nuisance, everybody turned quiet whether it was that big D who can do his worst everywhere or the one who is the best favorite and up amongst and against everybody else when it comes to grades and damn assy academics.

This is the sole reason why it makes me so uncomfortable when it comes to losers. Losers who suddenly come up with the courage to go on forward with their life at such spots and make us hot guys seem foolish in front of all our crushes. On whom we do crush hard on every single fuckin time, like a sugar daddy. Anyway, I am just being a maniac about everything I know, hehe, but that's how I am. No fucks and shit given;)

As soon as bitchy Miss Lawrence heard her favorite child, or whatever utter something for the first time in her class, she, for god's sake, smiled as if she had witnessed some rainbow out of the thick sky which never cared to feel better through the sunshine it could understand if it never hid something which was never his own. Turbulent, I was, and so was Aaron Nichols for the first time in his life as he too seemed to completely fail to understand the scenario of the events where 'Lix,' the biggest fool of our class had stood up out of nowhere, damn. Though, this is ultimately not convincing, at some part I felt relieved that bitch Lawrence is now distracted and wants to focus on her mickey mouse about which nobody cares.

Both of us, as well as the whole class abruptly kept looking at the timid face of Felix, sorry, Lix, as he tried to initiate a conversation but somewhere was still failing up to his embarrassment. The looks over his dumb face were much working to support his boring anxiety while the clownish figure of his own wished to leave this body and settle down on some other which at least looked better than what it was and belonged to, forward. Pardon me, I am not some kind of judgemental guy or somebody who only cares about looks, but you know, I do not really like this guy and honestly, I never had any appropriate reason for it. Sometimes, in the hell of the times, I wished to think that maybe it was the terrible drawings he made that made me hate him but the next moment the reality of meh mind was different you see. Not just me but this is the story of our whole fuckin class, since the years he sadly got admitted here.

"What do you think, he might be wondering about dude?" Aaron cared to ask with his low whisper while I did not care to give him another good look out of the shitty non-sticky thing he had done by caring less to almost nothing while acknowledging Miss Lawrence and her usual ignorant questions.

"Aaron, why don't you just ask this question to your dear mentor?? I think she will get you a far better answer, right." I spoke gurgled, in front of him and turned away after throwing him a dirty look. At times, I did hate Aaron for the way he was but never mind, I was an expert in ignoring pricks like him now.

The next moment was close, I thought and that was when exactly things turned around and came to the point where everywhere everybody wanted their eyes touched on, at last. Miss Lawrence got herself towards Lix who with his witty figure felt more depressing and unappealing for everybody who kept gazing at his distant life and distant figure of living further in this decade of the 21st century where respect is earned by looks and money, rather than love and kindness. Sad, but very true.

Lix has always been ordinarily ordinary maybe or maybe not I don't know but you know as I am looking at him right now, there seems a different layer of concern within his eyes than what it has been before, until today. He seems concerned not for himself but something else which surely I could not identify anyhow for the sake of a different and unwanted, even, hidden personality he really was and really has been until today. Nobody talked with him, nor me nor any of us, and the fact we had always been so careless about it that we did not care to give a fuck about it anyhow. We were and are selfish, I admit, but actually, none of us ever felt the need to look at him and expect a little life from him than what he was offering to himself as well as others around him. He was differently abnormal and this has been my last thought for him every day whenever I look in his tiny, dead eyes.

"Oh, Felix, dear what happened?" Miss Lawrence addressed us with a politeness that actually stood beyond our means of understanding and experience as never did we receive such a gesture from her nor did we think we ever would. I know not everything can be bad about a person but you know some things always stay hidden behind the curtain, whether it's love and affection, or hate and prejudice.

As Miss Lawrence spoke about the course of the event in a rapid short flow and politeness, everybody looked at her with complete surprise while on the other hand, she ignored every one of them except Lix who unto nobody's attention was shivering and could not understand what to do now, in the hell of a class which he ignored all his life with lightness of experience that was unknown to all of us, middle-aged teens deeply in lust rather than love.

"I.. I... I, I...." he stuttered rapidly with dryness in his eyes and looked at everybody including himself as if this was impossible for him, and it was his scrutinizing mistake that he was jeopardized between a crowd he could not understand. Here, where all of us are social he is that antisocial guy who I believe maybe does not understand the meaning of life, of life, anymore.

"What's the matter, dear?" Miss Lawrence reiterated but he ignored. Ignored as if he could not hear her, the only mentor who cared to show her sight upon him.

"Feel free, even I wish to hear your voice converse just like everybody else." She said again and touched his cheeks to let him know that it was okay. That moment felt emotional, you know. For the first time, I saw some emotion on her face and I felt relieved to realize that she too was a human being.

Miss kept looking at him for another minute with hope but hardly was the change something enough to be noticeable at the moment

Miss kept looking at him for another minute with hope but hardly was the change something enough to be noticeable at the moment. It felt like Lix was incapable of human relationships on this planet and was not made for any sort of interaction. This was something that saddened Miss Lawrence up to a large extent that showed upon her face later.  

She felt bad about the situation that had arisen in the while and the midst of it failed to take notice of the class. Moments later, the school bell rang and it was time to leave. She was disappointed within and that could be felt on her face. This was the first time when I felt some kind of emotion for Miss Lawrence. For Miss Lawrence since I had first met her almost six months back. 

Indeed, sometimes things are surprising... but you know, they bring out the joy in you when they happen at last, especially when you are still young and free to roam the world all by yourself. And that is something different and desired from the depth of your heart!

P.S. My world is my school, school forever.

~Because, indeed school always made me feel happy. Happy and able to realize that life with such kiddish moments turns out to be the reason for your prolonged existence, later.

I love you, dear school.