~Let Me Down Slowly~

"African American female! 22 years old! Multiple bruises mainly to the abdomen and head! She's slipping in and out of consciousness!" What?

What's happening? Am I dead?

"KALI! Please stay with me! Please!" Taylor?

Oh god. I am dead.

"Miss, calm down. She'll be ok. We're doing the best we can." Who is that? What's happening to me?

"SHES CRASHING!"

"KALI!" W-What's happening to me?

Where am I?

"WE'RE LOSING HER!" Me?

What's happening? Where am I? Why is Taylor here?

I'm so confused.

I'm scared. I don't know what's happening to me. Why couldn't he have just killed me? That would've made everything so much simpler.

I wish he would've just killed me.

AT THE HOSPITAL (HOURS LATER):

I opened my eyes slowly hearing a steady beeping noice. The bright lights made my head spin a little bit, but I ignored it.

I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital. Wait, I'm still alive? I mean, obviously.

But I thought for sure I was dead. I felt dead. I thought It was over for me. I felt my heart stop.

MULTIPLE TIMES. I remember it!

I remember hearing them call out the time of death! Wait, is this the afterlife? But why would I be in a hospital in the afterlife?

Nothing is making sense. I'm scared.

What if this is all in my head? What if I'm actually still with HIM? Maybe my brain just shut down and put me somewhere I could heal.

That means I'm still in my own personal hell. That means I'm never gonna get out of here. I'm still trapped.

I could feel the tears rolling down my face, I didn't bother to stop them. Why would I? It's pointless. I'll wake up, and be right back at square one.

There was a knock on the door before it opened slowly.

Other people can be in my illusions?

"Hello Ms London! It's good to see you're awake!" A tall woman said as she came over to me.

She had a clipboard in her hand.

"Who are you?" I asked as I looked her up and down.

"Nurse Linda. I promise I won't hurt you honey!" I flinched hearing that last part. That term of endearment meant the opposite in my mind.

I never wanted to wear that again.

"Would you mind not......calling me t-that?" I asked quietly.

"What honey- OH! You don't want me to call you h- um.....THAT anymore?" She asked softly.

"Please don't. I'm sorry," I whispered as I glanced up at her.

"Oh sweetheart. Don't apologize, I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate! I hope you'll still allow me to administer a check up?" She asked as she glanced at the monitors attached to me.

"G-Go on. I'm ok," I said sitting up straight.

My head hurt, and my body was tired. But I powered through. Might as well enjoy this peace while it lasts.

She checked a few things off her check board before she wrote some things on a paper. She smiled before she looked at me.

"Your family is here to see you. I didn't tell them you were awake. I didn't know if you wanted to see them right now. Would you like to see them?" My family?