Chapter 9: New Neighbor

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

Siip...

Haaa....

Tap tap tap tap

A woman sits on her couch as she types away on her boxy white computer. It was a peaceful evening and going her way to relax.

Click

She opens a desktop and a program. A camera feed shows of a bald man in a plain shirt who is also on his couch, watching store sales on the screen.

"Yup... another normal night." she tells herself and returns to typing away.

This past few months was like comparable to a vacation like the surveillance team said. The bald man, Saitama, is by all definition the most ordinary guy she ever met since she moved next door. He was suppose to be a hero under Cecil Stedman's order.

According to her superiors, he is an alien but human. They did tests on him but surprisingly, none of their equipment can go through his skin. So they just opted for his saliva instead.

As she types away, the hum of the air conditioner fill the quiet room she was in. She is typing a report of the interactions she had with Saitama and observations.

---Flashback---

The observer moved boxes and furniture into the apartment she would be staying in. But her expression on her face was strained and in a frown.

"They seriously need to have me do this? Come on, atleast they could have moved the these stuff when he's not around" she mumbled to herself in irritation.

There were alot of boxes. This included normal furniture and equipments shell be using to monitor the bald man closely.

"Oh hey, moving in?" a voice of a man called.

She turned around while carrying a big box and saw the subject she will observe. An unremarkable bald man with a face she could draw in 10 seconds. She wanst a good woth drawings.

The man wore a white hoody hoody with red linings on the side and hood. It had BOOBS labeled center to his chest. He wore grey jogger pants, sneakers and pocketed his hands in the hoody's pouch.

To her eyes, even the subject's choice of clothing is unremarkable. The man's dead black lifeless eyes was a little off putting to say the least.

"Hi! Yes I'm just moving in. That makes us neighbors." she acted cheerful.

"I'm Genevieve Rose. Journalist and investigator. You can call me Jenny"

"Nice to meet you Penny, I'm Saitama Smith" Saitama replied casually and gave a little smile.

"Its Jenny, he he" she giggled and brushed off that he said her name wrong.

"Oh... Sorry. You need some help? You seem to struggle with the boxes and furniture. Actually, who the heck  left them here?" Saitama pointed out and sympathized with her.

Its annoying enough to have some one do a half ass job of moving things.

"Yeah, the movers didnt bother themselves but Im to tired to complain. I do need help if you dont mind." she flashed a warm smile towards the hero.

"At least he's nice to offer help" she thought.

"Sure..."

Saitama squatted and lifted the  box that contains a cabinet. He lifted it up with his legs and carried it with ease.