Chapter 20: A Little Bit Late...

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

Vroom~

*Dial tone*

*Sorry, the number you have dialed is currently unavailable...*

"Dam# it! Mr. Smith... pick up" he breathlessly said.

Rattle...

Creak...

The speedometer's red needle turn clockwise and pass several whole numbers.

Vroom~

He tightens his grip on the steering wheel. Sweat falling down his forehead. Clothes unkept and his grey hair is disheveled.

Click click click...

He pressed the buttons on his phone.

*We need help.... Eves in danger...*

click... send

Beep!!

He turns to the right, over taking a van. The vehicle rumbles as it drove over the over pass.

Honk! Honk!

A truck up ahead signals itself to the other drivers.

Vroom!~

The doctor's eyes didn't blink and was glued to the road. Twitching from the stress he's feeling.

The car sped up even more, speeding pass the trucks. Elias didn't care how he drove. He needed to be there. To be with Samantha.

"Come on... come on..."

Screech!!~

An incline up and more twist and turns. The cars infront of him halted. Tire tracks were made from their sudden stop.

Zoom!

Zip!

The old man turned the steering left and right to avoid the vehicles.

Skid~

Bam!

A jeep bumped from the side but he ignored it.

Thunk

Bam

Wham!

In the distant, Atom Eve has her arms raised in a boxing guard. Hands to her face and elbows close to her body. The blond mutant swung a long metal gutter at her

Bang!

Shatter!

It broke her forearm guard and the red head mutant followed with whips of her appendage.

Snap! Bam!

Whip! Thunk!

Snap! Whish..

Flurry of attacks overwhelmed the hero and dropping her guard.

The appendage wrapped around Eve's right leg. She got flipped backwards to the air and above the road.

Thunk!! Thud!

The blond mutant swung the metal gutter to Eve's back and she slammed hard to the pavement.

"No!" he was shocked.

Thump!

Vroom!!!~

Brandyworth floored the gas pedal and his body was pushed back to his seat due to inertia.