Chapter 11: Heroes Day Off

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

---Saturday, 1996---

A pink blur flew across the skies above the bustling city. Cars stuck in traffic, people on foot going to their work. An accident here and there. Vendors selling dogs and buns.

Slap!

A douc$&bag got slapped by two women because he was caught cheating.

It was a typical day for our young Atom Eve doing patrols in the country.  She just flys low profile and avoid unwanted attention. She was still a kid and what she is doing isnt typical kid behavior.

Ever since her power to manipulate matter first appeared, she felt she was for a greater purpose. Her home life isn't ideal, specially her father who rarely approves of things she does.

But not that she cared, she was helping people. Doing good and fighting bad guys.

She was good enough in school and top in class when it came to science. If only her father werent such a jerk about it.

In the past, she couldn't maintain the required grade to stay in the prestigious school and dropped out. That's one of the reasons for her father's disappointment. The other one was when she got her powers.

Atom Eve flew far and and high above the city. As she flew, a bright glare hit her eyes and forced her to land in top of a building's flat roof to recover from slight vision impairment.

"Ah... Who's playing mirrors in the middle of the day?!"

She walked to the edge to find the source and immediately spotted a shining dome of the wierd looking man she met before and saw on T.V. His head was as bright as the sun's rays and if she wasn't wrong, it was lighting up the buildings infront of him.

"Mr. Saitama!" she spoke in surprise. "Why is his head so reflective?" she thought

Saitama, who was eating a hot dog, propped up his eyebrows and looked around him.

"Did someone call me?" he asked but everyone was minding there own business.

"Mister, Up here!"

Saitama looked up and saw the red head kid he met in an alley before. She was 3 stories up and waving down at him. She hop down and pink flames of below her shoes and hands hum while going down.

She then hovered across the street and fel on her feet next to the bald man. He was wearing a plain white shirt with an image of a heroine and black shorts with sandals.

"Oh, its you kid... Uhmm..." Saitama looked away and tried to remember her name. "Aha! Anton Neve"

"It's ATOM EVE!!" the girl retorted. "Ugh... This is the third time now.." she argued.

She raised her voice and hands. Eyes wide in disbelief that this man still doesn't remeber correctly her hero name.

"He he, sorry. Not good with names" Saitama reasoned while rubbing the back of his neck.

His face wasn't really apologetic which increased Eve's annoyance  meter bit decided to let it go

"Also, why is your head so shiny?" she asked, her hand shielding her eyes.

Everyone around them are few and simply walked by. The day was hot and all just wanted to get out of the heat.

"Oh, I went to a factory a few days ago. Ran under a wax container and couldnt get it off at home."