7. THE VOIDS YOU MADE

Sheiza pov

I was sitting in the hotel room when I got a text message from my roommate saying my guardian had contacted the hostel. Why would Uncle contact the hostel? I did tell him I was in Japan for the week before I left, and that's when I saw a message from my uncle's son, Sayed.

Sayed: Hey Sheiza, my dad tried contacting you, but you know he refuses to learn how to use his smartphone and he didn't know how to text you. There is an emergency, grandma is at the hospital, her condition is horrible, do come to visit her, she loved you a lot.

Me: Oh God, I didn't know she was unhealthy, I couldn't contact anyone for a while, I will be coming soon, I want to see her.

I was lying on the bed after receiving the message, and my heart shattered, Sayed's grandma is not any blood relative of mine, my parents were orphans so I don't know much about any relatives except for my dad's brother, who never contacted us because he never wanted any family ties, I don't know much about how my Dad grew up or anything, he always refused to talk about his past, after his death my Mom also never talked anything about his family or anything, but we had close ties with a person named Waleed, who is the one I call uncle, he is currently my vali or legal guardian after the death of my parents, his family has taken care of me like I am their kid, I still don't know how my Dad met the uncle and his family or how any of us are connected, but this family always has a special place in my heart. Especially grandma, it was her existence that made me restore my faith in humanity, I was about to quit uni but she made sure to find me sponsors and private scholarships and encouraged me to study and follow my dreams, I will always remember their kindness, I pray to God to give this family the highest place in Jannah for the kindness they showed me, for making me believe that humanity is still there in this world.

The pain took into me and I started crying, bawling my eyes out, what made me want to get up from bed was that I had to go to the masjid, it was almost prayer time, although I could just pray at the hotel, I felt like going to the masjid as the masjid gives me a peaceful feeling and make me feel better. 

I got down from the hotel and took a cab to the nearby masjid. The cab parked a little away from the masjid and I walked towards the masjid, as I was going to enter the masjid, I heard a familiar voice calling my name, I turned around to see that it was Zainab, I saw Ahmad, next to her, I was kind of confused, I found out they were siblings and it was such a shocker for me, after a small chit chat we got inside the masjid, I told Zainab I will be leaving soon, she started tearing up, I felt a pain in the heart, I thought it won't hurt much since we didn't know each other much, I though we'll be fine, it broke my heart to see her cry, we hugged each other and headed out. I saw Ahmad there waiting for his sister, I never thought I would see him again, yet here we are, who else would have thought that the friend I met after a long time would be his sister, it's like we were all meant to meet, that dream, I think me seeing him in my dream had a purpose, maybe the dream was a prediction of this meeting, Allah knows best.

We chatted for a while outside, I gave them goodbyes and took a cab back to the hotel, I don't know why but it felt heavy on the inside, Grandma was not well, and leaving Zainab, the friend made after a long time, you can't keep all the good people you meet in your life with you forever, I felt a sharp pain in my chest and tears started falling, what is this suffocating feeling, it's like I am on a chokehold and can't breathe all I could do was cry, how does this place make me feel this way when it's just been a few days, I shared my contacts with Zainab, hopefully, we keep in touch. 

I had a good time here, it was much better than I thought it would be, but good times don't last longer, I have to see Grandma and after that, I will be heading back to my lonely days with the voids in my heart, if God wills, I want to come back to Japan in the future hopefully settle here, this is my plan now, I make plans for growing a flower and Allah makes plans for a garden, I trust his plans. Maybe the voids in my heart get filled in the future. Hopefully.

*AT MALAYSIA, THIRD PERSON POV*

Waleed was sitting next to his Mom, who was now sleeping, he wiped her hands with warm towels massaging them, thinking of the times when he was young, how his Mom raised him so well, how all the beautiful coincidences led to meeting different people and how each one of them grew up with the kindness this lady had given out, how Waleed and his friends had restored faith in humanity because of this woman here, she did all the best she could in her life, it's like she is waiting for someone before she has to leave this world, she is waiting to give out her last act of kindness before she departs this world. As Waleed was sitting immersed in his thoughts, he was interrupted by his Mom who woke up, 

'Waleed?', she called out to her son,

'yes mama', he answered,

'Tell Sheiza about everything, I am going to leave soon, and I won't be able to hold on till she gets here, please do it for me and tell her about everything, especially about that kid, tell her to find him after she completes her studies send her to Saudi Arabia', she said,

'But mama, that kid is not in Saudi though?', Waleed replies in confusion,

'Just do as I say, send her to Saudi Arabia, they will be meeting there', she says,' I am tired, I am going to sleep again', she says and closes her eyes to sleep. 

"Sheiza, my dear daughter, I will have to tell you everything now", Waleed thinks to himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, 

I hope you like how the story is going now, make sure to stay for further chapters because it's going to get interesting from now on, and sorry for the late updates, I was so busy, but as I promised on Insta I will finish the story by next month, so stay tuned.

love ya