Part 8 |The Case of the Afterlife|

We both looked over at the two boys. Edwin looked away the second we made eye contact.
"Well he definitely likes you!" She beamed.
"Oh shut up!" I know I'd not like Edwin like that, I can't... and yet, I felt myself blush.

     "So..." Crystal broke the silence as we walked, "how are you gonna get that out? Do we need to take you to a hospital or something?" She asked with genuine concern. It had been inside me long enough that the bleeding had stopped, and my body was healing around it. I'd have to get it out soon if I didn't want to have a permanent hole in my right shoulder.
     "No, I don't need a hospital." I waved her off.

    "Y/N, you need a hospital mate, there's a metal bar where metal bars aren't supposed to be!"

    "I'm fine, seriously!" I pushed myself off of Crystal, who I'd been leaning on to help me walk in the drowsed state, but I was much better now.

    "Y/N, what are you doing?" Edwin asked. Everyone stopped in their track when I grabbed hold of the iron stake.

    "Woah, woah, woah! What are you doing!?" Crystal exclaimed.

    "Trust me, I'm-" in an instant I ripped the piece of metal out with as much force as I could muster, "-fine." I sighed with relief. Dropping the bar to the ground with a sharp clank. "Phew, that's much better." The loopy grin on my face heavily juxtaposed the looks of horror on Charles' and Crystal's faces. But Edwin just looked intrigued. Pulling out his notebook and scribbling something down. I ripped up my already torn shirt sleeve and handed it to Edwin, as he seemed to be the only with his head not in the clouds. "Could you rap it up for me?"

    "Oh, uh, sure," he nodded, gabbing the piece of clothing. He began to slowly wrap it around the large hole in my shoulder.

    "I think I'm gonna be sick," Crystals hand flew up to cover her mouth, as if to stop vomit from spilling out.

    "You think it'll scar?" I asked jokingly. He just looked at me dumbfounded, "Edwin, that was a joke. I know it will."

    "To be honest, I didn't actually know the answer," he shrugged as he readied to tie the knot, "ready?"

    I hummed in response, anticipating the pain. Quickly, he tugged the knot tight. I whined slightly, but it didn't hurt nearly as bad as getting stabbed with a sharp iron post. "Thanks!"

~~ Case Closed ~~

    Crystal wiped Becky Aspen's memories of the evil witch and her giant child eating snake, then sent her off back to her parents. Becky had been saved.

    "Look at that. A job well done," Charles smiled before asking seriously, "oh, but what about David the Demon?"

    "He's still a stalker." Crystal replied.

    "Still a creep!" I added, skipping along side her.

    "Still an asshole. But I am gonna get my memories back," Crystal assured.

    "You got us now, yeah? We've all beaten him before, we can beat him again!"

    "Let's not be cocky Charles," Edwin said in his usual doom and gloom tone.