Part 10 |The Case of Nightmares|

Charles, Crystal, and Edwin were waiting for me. My eyes lit up a bit when I saw them waiting there. I didn't know if they would, but here they were. It really warmed my billions of years old heart.

~~ Edwin POV ~~

    I was back in the shipping hull.

"Edwin!" I heard Charles call in a frenzy. I looked around at my surrounds, all of this was quite new and confusing for me. I especially confused at the fact that the sun seemed to have risen since I was unwillingly whisked away by that Cat King. "Are yuh alright mate? Where have you been?"

"I've only been gone a few moments." I answered.

"No, you've been gone for literal hours."

"Uh, what is that on your wrist?" Crystal questioned. I looked down at my wrist, and there sat that god awful golden bracelet. Clasped around my wrist with no indication of it coming off.

"I'll explain. Can we just go," I huffed. Charles and Crystal exchanged a glance, that alone made me realize that they were the only two here. Besides myself of course, "where is Y/N?"

"She went with you, mate. At least we think. Last time we saw her she said 'sorry' then disappeared alongside you." Charles explained.

"We just assumed she somehow followed you?" Crystal added.

"No, I- well, I didn't see her." I tried to hide the panic I was feeling. If Y/N had followed me, and the Cat King had sent me away while keeping her there, it couldn't be good. Who know what he could be doing to her.

   I was fiddling with the annoying bracelet , trying to figure out what we could possibly do, when Y/N appeared.

~~ Y/N POV ~~

"Hey guys, I-" I paused, noticing the daylight, "oh, he wasn't kidding."

All three of them looked at me like I had something on my face, or like something was lurking behind me that I wasn't aware of.

"Y/N, um, how..." Crystal started.

"How did you do that?" Charles finished the question for her. I feigned confusion. "That teleporty thing?" He pointed at me then at Edwin.

Edwin threw his hands up, "don't look at me."

"Oh boy, this is gonna be fun chat." I looked at Edwin's wrist, shackled by that orobourus cat, "how about we start with Edwin, 'cause mines gonna be a much harder pill to swallow." I smiled nervously.

We exited the building, and as we walked, Edwin explained his situation. I really hope the others would just forget about me. But they didn't... and I definitely had some explaining to do.

~~ Back at the apartment ~~

"You knew?!" Both Charles and Crystal asked in unison. They had broth seated themselves on Crystals bed.

Edwin shrugged, seeming to be at a loss for words.

"I told him the other night. I was just having a rough day and he happened to be around to listen. It wasn't like I wanted to keep all of that from you... to be fair I also barley know you guys. But I just feel like, the less people who know, the less danger I would be in." I sighed, looking at the floor, "the less danger I would put others in. Please believe me when I say I did it to keep myself safe just as much as I did it to keep you safe."

There was a beat of silence. It made me very anxious, but luckily Crystal spoke up.

"I guess that makes sense." Crystal hummed.