Chapter 5 - Family?

TIME SKIP3 YEARS

TIME SKIP
3 YEARS

Three years have gone by, any Ryuu is now 13 years old.

He finished his training a long time ago, and is currently working on getting even stronger so that he wouldn't be underestimated by anyone.

Despite being satisfied with his health and strength, he still feels like he can still be able to get even more powerful than anyone, and sometimes ends up hurting himself.

Emiko and Yoshiko finally declared their love to each other, and are now together, raising Ryuu as their own child.

No one could ever be this happier than Ryuu, he has loving parents who were strangers just a few years ago, and now he considers both of them mother figures, feeling safe and loved by them.

Nothing could ever go wrong with them.

— "Mom, I'm gonna bring berries today! Tell mom that she doesn't need to go out today!"

Ryuu told Yoshiko, who now he calls "mom". He left the house to go get fruits, berries, and more.

Yoshiko chuckled, as she was satisfied with Ryuu going out to make their parents less busy.

— "Alright, I'm going out, Shii-Chan!"

Emiko said, about to leave.

— "Ah, there's no need for that. Ryuu already went to get the berries for you."

Yoshiko said.

— "Oh, is that so? Ah! I'm so glad we've raised Ryuu to be such a good kid! I hope with the berries he collects today, both of us will be able to make a wonderful meal!"

Emiko said, happy.

— "Well, you raised him most of the time.. I was just busy doing all of the work and stuff. So he grew up being a kind and loving person, just like you."

Yoshiko replied, chuckling.

Emiko gasped.

— "Ahh, Shii-Chan! You can't just say things like that! You're too kind!!"

She said, with her hands on her face.

It was getting darker, and Ryuu was heading back to his house, so he could rest and give all of the things he collected to his mothers.

Suddenly, he heard what sounded like a plane.

— "Huh? What was that sound? There isn't anything in the sky.."

— "Maybe I'm just too tired, and this is just trying to make me go crazy."

He laughed as he started walking again.

After some time walking, he finally saw the trail that led to his home.

But.. something wasn't right..

Nothing could ever go wrong with them.. right?

..

..The smell..

..of blood.

————————————•———————————

..I think something happened.

— With love, Alex. 🩷