Chapter 6 - A Tragedy And a Broken Promise

Ryuu POV

I smell.. blood. Why is the smell coming from my house? And why do I also smell a fire..?

What happened while I was gone?

I started running to my house, dropping some berries on the way.

The smell was getting stronger, I sensed something wasn't right.

I saw my own home, being slowly burned by the flames, and then.. a voice..?

It was a faint voice, but once I got closer to it, it was getting a bit louder.

No one POV

As Ryuu went closer and closer, he saw his mom, Emiko. Laying down beside her was Yoshiko's body, lifeless and burned.

The boy flinched, dropping to his knees.

— "Mom, what happened here..?"

Ryuu said, with his voice shaking, and tears starting to run down on his face.

Emiko held Ryuu's hand gently, tears also running down on her face.

— "Vampires, Ryuu.. Vampires."

— "Yoshiko tried to fight them off, she didn't make it.."

She said.

Ryuu had a traumatized look on his face, his soul, that had once been healed, was broken again.

— "It's all my fault.. I couldn't get here faster.. if I did nothing would've happened.."

— "I'm sorry mom, I'm so sorry.."

He apologized, crying.

— "Oh my sweet boy. Don't blame yourself.. blame the vampires."

— "I love you, Ryuu.. don't forget that, honey."

— "I broke my promise, I promised you all we would be together forever.. I'm the one who should apologize, my love."

She said, putting the black bracelet she had on her arm onto Ryuu's arm.

— "Take this as a gift from me, and to never forget me, my dear."

She pulled Ryuu for a hug.

"Goodbye, Ryuu."

The light on her eyes faded completely, becoming just a dark void.

Ryuu gasped, before screaming and crying loudly on his mother's chest.

"..M-MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!"

After some time, Ryuu dug the grave for both of his mothers and buried them.

He got everything he needed to survive alone, his training materials, food, health supplies and water.

He looked at the bracelet his mother gave him, almost going to cry again.

He breathed deeply, holding his urge to cry.

— "Yoshiko, Emiko.. I will avenge you both."

— "You both were right, all vampires are heartless and cruel creatures."

— "I will be sure to kill every single one of them."

He said, walking away to a forest.

The light in that boy's eyes
have disappeared, leaving a broken
and traumatized face that will never
recover.

The light in that boy's eyeshave disappeared, leaving a brokenand traumatized face that will neverrecover

————————————•———————————

Trauma!!

FUN FACT!
Both Yoshiko and Emiko have the Dead Mom Hairstyle/Haircut
Example: Kanade Yoisaki's mother.

With love, Alex. 🩷