Chapter 13

The pack are gathered outside and Ben is currently waiting to go out onto the balcony from his office. I watch as he paces back and forth, going over what to say in his head. Jeff has left this announcement to him and Ben is taking a front seat in Alpha duties now.

It's clear that we know more than Jeff at this moment in time and it's only right for Ben to lead the pack when something like this is happening because of his mate...me.

I can't help the guilt that I feel for bringing trouble to their pack but Ben doesn't seem phased by it, he seems even more determined to get this pack in order so that any attacks on us can be prevented. We have Will's parents and I'm not sure whether he's aware of that yet, I'm sure it won't take him long to notice when they don't come home.

"Just tell them the truth. They're your pack and they'll stand by you no matter what." Jeff says to him as he stands by the French doors leading onto the balcony. Jeff has a deep voice, one that holds authority and power.

Ben stops in front of me "We'll sort this, I promise. This is your pack now and we defend members of this pack."

I take a deep breath "I don't want your pack getting into any fights because of me"

Jeff steps forward, interrupting us. "If it wasn't this pack then it'd be another. We just have to figure this out and be wise in our movements."

I nod, leaving the rest to them two for tonight. They've been in a meeting for the past two hours and I know that they've thought of every possible strategy. We're lucky that we have my visions and I'm focussing on Will and his movements. Unfortunately, I can't see his every move and it'd take a lot of power to perform a spell to find out where he is right now, power that I don't want to drain from me or my mom.

"Are you ready?" He asks me. I stand in a dark blue skin tight dress with tights and a charcoal grey duster coat over the top. On my head is a barrette, picked out by Rochelle. I'm not sure if I'm ready but I know I need to be stood up there with Ben, regardless of how nerve wracking it may be. I nod and Ben takes my hand. "Here we go" Ben says, nodding to the man by the door who opens it, allowing us to walk onto the balcony.

The pack goes quiet, hushing eachother and getting others attention, pointing to Ben. The fairy lights and lampposts are on and it allows us to see some of the pack members. There's a lot of them, all huddled around, their eyes on us.

"Good evening everyone and thanks for coming tonight. I'm sure you may have all heard that there was an attack on my mate and your future Luna, Arabella." There's small gasps in the crowd and a slight murmur from their reactions but it doesn't stop Ben from carrying on. "We will do anything we can to find the man who did this and find any wolves that he is working with. As you all know, my number one priority are my pack and my mate and we will both do everything we can to protect you all. When we know more, we will tell you and in the meantime, I want you all to be vigilant and report to me if you are suspicious of anything. Patrols will double and security needs to be at an all time high, this is the most important thing. Thank you all for your patience."

There are cheers, claps and I smile up at Ben, proud of him for a speech that had so much authority and respect for the pack. We wave before going back inside.

"How many did we have tuning into that?" He asks, looking to Robert who was in charge of broadcasting. "2,000 of the pack, sir. Those that weren't here has tuned in."

He nods "Good. Beauty of modern day technology, not everyone has to turn up"

I take my hat and coat off "But a lot did, that shows that you have their respect."

I feel an overwhelming sense of pride for Ben. Not only has he been the calm person between us both today, but he's stood in front of his pack for the first time to do an announcement. I know that he's prepared for this for most of his life but preparing and actually doing it are completely different.