Chapter 28

I watch from the window in the office meeting room as the wolves train all around. The plan is to do it in groups and it's working well so far. Some are outdoors, others are in the gyms and some are even in the school grounds. I look around at what we've built them up for and to see if we stand a chance.

Just under 24 hours ago, we found out about Will mating with a vampire which has made us ramp up our training even more, it's made us desperate to provide the best training options to our pack.

"They're doing well" Ben says from behind me. I can feel the warmth from his body on mine.

I turn my head slightly to look up at him, offering him a warm smile. "They're doing very well, I can't believe that they're so positive about this battle."

"An army will be positive if their leader is" He says, looking out at them.

I turn fully this time "So we have an army now?"

He shrugs, his smile widening "I think it's quite an apt description right now."

I laugh lightly and suddenly, I'm frozen. My vision goes blank and I'm thrown into somewhere else.

Will is on the floor, over a body that lies on the floor in broken stone. The body is grey and I recognise the face, but only just. It's who Will intended to mate with. As he kneels over her, he shows no tears. Only anger shows on his horrid face and it looks around at those stood over them.

"I want them all dead!" He yells angrily "Every single one of them apart from Arabella, she's mine!"

They all look to each other, almost like Will has lost his mind. "They're building their numbers, they-"

The man with the scar on his face is cut off as Will lunges to them. "I'm a very powerful man, I suggest that you don't fuck with me."

He nods, terrified for his life. As I look at the expression of every single wolf hovering around the dead vampire, I notice that they don't respect Will, they fear him. An army based on only fear isn't a strong one and that could be where we thrive.

"I want their town ruined, I want their children witnessing their parents being slaughtered and I want every ounce of blood from their bodies to be drained, do you hear me?" He says clearly in the face of the terrified wolf.

I snap out of the vision, coming back to the present and I'm not filled with fear, I'm filled with a huge amount of hope because I know that we've got Will, we've taken his chance of power, we've got him requesting things that his pack of rogues and vampires can't fulfil. Will hasn't asked for numbers, he's not asked what we're trying to do and how we're preparing. Will is the type of man to see red and act on it, much like my witch in that sense. The difference between me and Will is that he doesn't want to train himself or change.

"What is it?"

I smile at him "She's dead." I say, I almost can't believe that I'm saying it. I look to Alberto who's sat looking at a map with Dominic. I have everyone's attention now. "Your friend came through for us" I say to him.

He nods, confirming it and I'm almost in denial that I've seen the vision that I just have. It's clear that we can do a lot more than we thought outside of our pack borders. Alberto knows people and I'm sure as hell that my family know people, too.

Ben looks confused as his brows knit together "What? Already?" He now looks to Alberto for the same confirmation.

Alberto nods. "The vampire that turned her is a powerful one, meaning that the woman that Will wanted to mate with was also powerful, not anymore."